Biden Foreign Policy

1 hour ago, nic said:

I don’t think Trudeau gets another term because of all this. He I had made lots of mistakes….and Nazi accusations are getting tiresome.

Hopefully he is gone. Him supporting freezing trucker protester's bank accounts is authoritarian and should be completely rebuked by anyone that believes in the the right to protest and personal liberty. He is an enemy.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, nic said:

I don’t think Trudeau gets another term because of all this. He I had made lots of mistakes….and Nazi accusations are getting tiresome.

What continues to baffle me:

Trudeau obviously is incorrectly attaching every conservative to the very few people waving Nazi and Confederate flags because he knows it is effective fodder for his base.

The exact same tactic is used by the left in the US.

Why do conservatives not quash this “relationship” by admonishing those groups and agree with the left that they are a gross group of people?

The conservatives have very valid points. It’s too bad they let it get lost because of a gross group of people.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, funhusker said:

Why do conservatives not quash this “relationship” by admonishing those groups and agree with the left that they are a gross group of people?

The conservatives have very valid points. It’s too bad they let it get lost because of a gross group of people.

Conservatives would lose a not-insignificant slice of their base if they vehemently disavowed racists in word and in deed.

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, funhusker said:

What continues to baffle me:

Trudeau obviously is incorrectly attaching every conservative to the very few people waving Nazi and Confederate flags because he knows it is effective fodder for his base.

The exact same tactic is used by the left in the US.

I can only go by anecdotal evidence. 

But, it seems to me that many conservatives see these people and Trump as a means to an end.  They know Trump is a piece of s#!t. But, they think he got them what they want and don’t care about the rest. 

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I can only go by anecdotal evidence. 

But, it seems to me that many conservatives see these people and Trump as a means to an end.  They know Trump is a piece of s#!t. But, they think he got them what they want and don’t care about the rest. 

I get what you’re saying, but I don’t…:confucius

These people still must care a little bit because they throw a fit anytime people bring up the fact of confederate supporters, racists and neo-nazis being involved in conservative protests.  They scream about being called racists, as they should.  But no one really wants risk calling them out.  In my opinion that makes them own it.

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

I get what you’re saying, but I don’t…:confucius

These people still must care a little bit because they throw a fit anytime people bring up the fact of confederate supporters, racists and neo-nazis being involved in conservative protests.  They scream about being called racists, as they should.  But no one really wants risk calling them out.  In my opinion that makes them own it.

I can't disagree with that.

Like I said, my comment was anecdotal.  I have freinds that now say.."I've always known he was a piece of s#!t, but I liked his policies."

Yep. Rather than calling for conservatives to vote Trudeau out of office, it would be much better to spend time disavowing the obvious links between conservatives and racists, white nationalists, etc. 

That's some pretty misplaced energy by conservatives, on both sides of the border. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Yep. Rather than calling for conservatives to vote Trudeau out of office, it would be much better to spend time disavowing the obvious links between conservatives and racists, white nationalists, etc. 

That's some pretty misplaced energy by conservatives, on both sides of the border. 

There you go with that "both sides" again.

:sarcasm

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

There you go with that "both sides" again.

:sarcasm

So it’s an either or option by the previous poster.  They can either vote the Canadian PM out or they can use their energy to call out racists.  

When did the Canadian protests become about race?  Why does everything come down to race even on issues that don’t involve race for you all?  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

So it’s an either or option by the previous poster.  They can either vote the Canadian PM out or they can use their energy to call out racists.  

When did the Canadian protests become about race?  Why does everything come down to race even on issues that don’t involve race for you all?  

If you've been paying attention, that's what we are wondering as well.  Why are swastikas and confederate flags at a vaccine protest in Canada?  Those things literally have zero to do with the issue at hand.

But here you are, blasting people that agree with you instead of saying some people at a rally are f#&%ing nuts and should not represent the side you claim to be on.

• Plus1 7
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, funhusker said:

But here you are, blasting people that agree with you instead of saying some people at a rally are f#&%ing nuts and should not represent the side you claim to be on.

1). I’ve already said what want me to say many many times on this site.   
2) I don’t have a side.   In fact, I’ve been critical of the truckers for blocking roads and impeding traffic.   

But since it’s you….get the knucklehead racists out of the protest, any future protest, or anything that I am actually for in the future.   Disclaimer….This statement represents my thoughts on a go forward basis and represents my views so I don’t have to constantly say them every time a kunckkehead idiot racist wants to say disparaging things about other races on the basis of hate.   Thank for for understanding and your cooperation in this matter.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
51 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

1). I’ve already said what want me to say many many times on this site.   
2) I don’t have a side.   In fact, I’ve been critical of the truckers for blocking roads and impeding traffic.   

But since it’s you….get the knucklehead racists out of the protest, any future protest, or anything that I am actually for in the future.   Disclaimer….This statement represents my thoughts on a go forward basis and represents my views so I don’t have to constantly say them every time a kunckkehead idiot racist wants to say disparaging things about other races on the basis of hate.   Thank for for understanding and your cooperation in this matter.  

I really wish you'd quit making everything about race....

• Thanks 1