Biden Foreign Policy

So, Ukraine is a sovereign country that Russia had great influence over.  The people decided they didn't like it and started wanting to be closer to Europe and the west.  Putin doesn't like it and his answer is to force them to like him.

Even if Putin invaded and won the war, this is still disastrous for them because they would be ruling over a foreign country that doesn't want to be under Russia influence.

21 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, Ukraine is a sovereign country that Russia had great influence over.  The people decided they didn't like it and started wanting to be closer to Europe and the west.  Putin doesn't like it and his answer is to force them to like him.

Even if Putin invaded and won the war, this is still disastrous for them because they would be ruling over a foreign country that doesn't want to be under Russia influence.

I'm not well read on this, but that was my first thought. Seems very expensive in terms of money lost and lives lost. Have fun pouring money into Ukraine for the next few decades? I guess he might stop at disputed portions in East Ukraine?

40 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Easy to pick out the Russian bots in the comments of this tweet.  They're actually blaming the US and the Pentagon for war mongering.  Appeasement has worked so well in the past.

1 hour ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I'm not well read on this, but that was my first thought. Seems very expensive in terms of money lost and lives lost. Have fun pouring money into Ukraine for the next few decades? I guess he might stop at disputed portions in East Ukraine?

The other angle that no one has mentioned is resources. Ukraine is the largest country in Europe (outside of Russia). They have iron ore, titanium, and Uranium (some of the largest deposits in Europe). They also have a lot of coal, oil and natural gas. And I believe Ukraine is also the largest grain producer in Europe. 

Russia is already a major energy improper for the EU. Controlling minerals and food would be icing on the cake, and a good strategy to remain relevant with most of Europe having aggressive plans to phase out the use of fossil fuels.

49 minutes ago, ZRod said:

The other angle that no one has mentioned is resources. Ukraine is the largest country in Europe (outside of Russia). They have iron ore, titanium, and Uranium (some of the largest deposits in Europe). They also have a lot of coal, oil and natural gas. And I believe Ukraine is also the largest grain producer in Europe. 

Russia is already a major energy improper for the EU. Controlling minerals and food would be icing on the cake, and a good strategy to remain relevant with most of Europe having aggressive plans to phase out the use of fossil fuels.

There is a decent chance that phasing out fossil fuels could make us more energy reliant on bad actor countries unless we come up with a plan to acquire or mine rate earth minerals 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, ZRod said:

But…he would still be ruling over a sovereign country that doesn’t want him.  That’s not going to end well.