Biden Foreign Policy

22 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Thus, this part of my post.  It was a bad situation that we never were going to make better.  Go in, get Bin Laden and get out.  Trying to fix the country was never going to work.

Regarding the bold.  I think he was dead a long time before that.  Not trying to conspire a theory, but it is a logical theory (IMO).  In 97 bin laden already had health issues and used a walking cane for support.  By 2000 he had kidney failure and liver disease, and used dialysis machines.  He was seriously ill.  But I do believe that - yes, we did get someone - and classified that person "as bin laden", then buried him the same day in the Arabian sea.  I'm not expecting anyone to believe what I believe, so I hope I do not get too much grief over it.  Although I am sure I will, because "going in and getting bin laden" was a big moment/announcement for team Barrack Obama (presidency).

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, admo said:

Regarding the bold.  I think he was dead a long time before that.  Not trying to conspire a theory, but it is a logical theory (IMO).  In 97 bin laden already had health issues and used a walking cane for support.  By 2000 he had kidney failure and liver disease, and used dialysis machines.  He was seriously ill.  But I do believe that - yes, we did get someone - and classified that person "as bin laden", then buried him the same day in the Arabian sea.  I'm not expecting anyone to believe what I believe, so I hope I do not get too much grief over it.  Although I am sure I will, because "going in and getting bin laden" was a big moment/announcement for team Barrack Obama (presidency).

I have no reason to believe your theory.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Redux said:

I sure did little buddy, did you ?

Yep.

President Biden isn't budging — resolved to get out by Aug. 31, no matter what 

"I do not regret my decision," Biden told reporters Tuesday. "We spent over a trillion dollars, over 20 years. We trained and equipped with modern equipment over 300,000 Afghan forces ... they've got to fight for themselves."

The top guy says nothing is changing his plan. We were never going to pullout all the troops. There was always going to be a small contingent of personnel for advisory rolls, embassy security, and other security rolls.

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Redux said:

Looks like the grooming worked

Come on...

Biden announces plan to end America's longest war

• Will any US troops be left in Afghanistan after September 11, 2021? Very few US forces will be there and they will be focused on helping US diplomats. An exact number is unclear. It's not exactly clear, for instance, what role, if any, US special operations troops would play in Afghanistan.

Just now, ZRod said:

Come on what?  Withdraw the troops, people need to stop making excuses.  20 effing years.  And now the media is going to start selling sob stories about "How could we POSSIBLY leave now?  They NEED us there!"

And this is exactly what they want, a reason to stay.  They saw this coming, they knew when the violence would upscale and they pushed the withdrawal back to coincide.  Withdrawal successfull or not, how long until we send them back if the media starts telling us it was the wrong move?  And Trump is no better, he set the withdrawal for just AFTER the election.  What a STRANGE time to do it right?  Ensure you get votes because of that promise AND do it during an expected low terroristic violence timeframe.

It's complete crap and you know it.  Either get them all out or double down and say "Welp!  We've screwed this up at every turn for 2 decades but we're gonna see it through now!".  What a joke

how many troops did we have in afghanistan?   and they managed to hold off the taliban for how long?  but the 300k afghan troops fall apart before all of our troops have even been withdrawn?   maybe we should have left them a general or 2 to lead them. 

2 minutes ago, Redux said:

Come on what?  Withdraw the troops, people need to stop making excuses.  20 effing years.  And now the media is going to start selling sob stories about "How could we POSSIBLY leave now?  They NEED us there!"

And this is exactly what they want, a reason to stay.  They saw this coming, they knew when the violence would upscale and they pushed the withdrawal back to coincide.  Withdrawal successfull or not, how long until we send them back if the media starts telling us it was the wrong move?  And Trump is no better, he set the withdrawal for just AFTER the election.  What a STRANGE time to do it right?  Ensure you get votes because of that promise AND do it during an expected low terroristic violence timeframe.

It's complete crap and you know it.  Either get them all out or double down and say "Welp!  We've screwed this up at every turn for 2 decades but we're gonna see it through now!".  What a joke

No. It's the same story it was in April, as evidence by my link above. If we maintain a diplomatic presence in a country we therefore have, at minimum, Marines stationed in an embassy or a small security detail for diplomats. So not all "troops" will be gone. Yes, remove all combat troops. That is what should be done right now. But if the situation deteriorates enough, then our entire presence in the country should be removed.

The media is simply reporting what experts are predicting will happen, and what is actually happening on the ground. Exactly as they should be. There is no appetite in the American populace to continue to keep combat troops there, as was reference in your article. We are pulling out of combat in Afghanistan come hell or high water at this point.

28 minutes ago, commando said:

how many troops did we have in afghanistan?   and they managed to hold off the taliban for how long?  but the 300k afghan troops fall apart before all of our troops have even been withdrawn?   maybe we should have left them a general or 2 to lead them. 

It's a very interesting sociological military study I would guess; why these guys can never get their s#!t together. 

I watched a short documentary from the 80s that said something to the effect of everybody in Afghanistan will stab you in the back at some point if they get the chance. It's just the nature of a society that has been fighting since time eternal.

33 minutes ago, Redux said:

It's not realistic to get them ALL out, and that has nothing to do with planting seeds of being able to walk back the promise.

We have troops everywhere. We have over 800 military bases and troops around the world, which doesn't include embassies or consulates, of which we have hundreds more. Unless you want another Benghazi situation leaving our diplomats there with zero protection, it's reasonable to expect some contingent of armed forces to still be there, as they are in countries all over the world.

22 minutes ago, ZRod said:

No. It's the same story it was in April, as evidence by my link above. If we maintain a diplomatic presence in a country we therefore have, at minimum, Marines stationed in an embassy or a small security detail for diplomats. So not all "troops" will be gone. Yes, remove all combat troops. That is what should be done right now. But if the situation deteriorates enough, then our entire presence in the country should be removed.

The media is simply reporting what experts are predicting will happen, and what is actually happening on the ground. Exactly as they should be. There is no appetite in the American populace to continue to keep combat troops there, as was reference in your article. We are pulling out of combat in Afghanistan come hell or high water at this point.

No, that should've been done under Obama.  And then it should've been done under Trump.  And it will deteriorate enough which the article even implies.

Uh no the media the eff is not simply doing that.  The media, as it does 24/7 is pushing narrative.  And the narrative being pushed is that violence and terror are returning to Afghanistan, right on the heels of a withdrawal.  If that doesn't worry or concern you I'm not sure what to tell you.

3 minutes ago, Redux said:

No, that should've been done under Obama.  And then it should've been done under Trump.  And it will deteriorate enough which the article even implies.

Uh no the media the eff is not simply doing that.  The media, as it does 24/7 is pushing narrative.  And the narrative being pushed is that violence and terror are returning to Afghanistan, right on the heels of a withdrawal.  If that doesn't worry or concern you I'm not sure what to tell you.

You're so far in the weeds man... The narrative is the reality. The Taliban is gaining more control of the country. Fact. We are leaving no matter what according to Uncle Joe. Fact. Full stop.

• Plus1 1