Biden Foreign Policy

14 minutes ago, ZRod said:

You're so far in the weeds man... The narrative is the reality. The Taliban is gaining more control of the country. Fact. We are leaving no matter what according to Uncle Joe. Fact. Full stop.

Narrative does not equal reality, but I know you believe that.  The Taliban probably is gaining more control, we've failed for 20yrs as I mentioned already.  And if we do leave, for how long?

Lol, Uncle Joe.  Yikes man, full stop indeed.

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

It's a very interesting sociological military study I would guess; why these guys can never get their s#!t together. 

I watched a short documentary from the 80s that said something to the effect of everybody in Afghanistan will stab you in the back at some point if they get the chance. It's just the nature of a society that has been fighting since time eternal.

Yep, the place really is a s#!t hole on so many levels, could you imagine if they did not have oil?

They are not going to stop fighting, they never have and they never will.

5 hours ago, Redux said:

Narrative does not equal reality, but I know you believe that.  The Taliban probably is gaining more control, we've failed for 20yrs as I mentioned already.  And if we do leave, for how long?

Lol, Uncle Joe.  Yikes man, full stop indeed.

There's healthy skepticism and then there's this...

Uncle Joe, like your creepy crazy uncle. Come on...

5 hours ago, teachercd said:

Yep, the place really is a s#!t hole on so many levels, could you imagine if they did not have oil?

They are not going to stop fighting, they never have and they never will.

Maybe meant oil route?

Afghanistan: It’s About Oil

Gar Smith

https://www.earthisland.org/journal/index.php/magazine/entry/afghanistan_its_about_oil/

“From the US standpoint,” Brown University anthropologist William O. Beeman observed, “the only way to deny Iran everything is for the anti-Iranian Taliban to win in Afghanistan and to agree to the pipeline through their territory.” That is exactly what happened - thanks to the CIA.

The September 11 attack provided the Cheney-Bush team with the opportunity to use the US military to pave the way for Big Oil’s long-sought Afghan oil route.

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, Redux said:

Come on what?  Withdraw the troops, people need to stop making excuses.  20 effing years.  And now the media is going to start selling sob stories about "How could we POSSIBLY leave now?  They NEED us there!"

And this is exactly what they want, a reason to stay.  They saw this coming, they knew when the violence would upscale and they pushed the withdrawal back to coincide.  Withdrawal successfull or not, how long until we send them back if the media starts telling us it was the wrong move?  And Trump is no better, he set the withdrawal for just AFTER the election.  What a STRANGE time to do it right?  Ensure you get votes because of that promise AND do it during an expected low terroristic violence timeframe.

It's complete crap and you know it.  Either get them all out or double down and say "Welp!  We've screwed this up at every turn for 2 decades but we're gonna see it through now!".  What a joke

Wait. 2,000 years as a crossroads of violent factionalism, and you think the American media is dictating this?

Any idea how low Afghanistan is on the radar of American voters? 

What a strange take. 

10 hours ago, commando said:

Afghanistan Oil

Summary Table

Barrels Global Rank
Oil Reserves
0 N.A.

Barrels per Day Global Rank
Oil Production
0 N.A.
35,000 117th in the world
Daily Deficit
Oil Imports
Oil Exports

(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)

Oil Consumption in Afghanistan

I will call bulls#!t on this.  The state of Nebraska consumes more then that on a given day. 

• Plus1 2
9 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Wait. 2,000 years as a crossroads of violent factionalism, and you think the American media is dictating this?

Any idea how low Afghanistan is on the radar of American voters? 

What a strange take. 

What a atrange way to downplay/defend a legitimate concern.  Afghanistan has been on American voters radar for 20 years.

I don't care who is POTUS, needless wars and strikes and troop presence is why America is looked at like d******d World Police.  At least that was the narrative when Bush was in office and we believed Michael Moore.  Now people go out of their way to defend it.  It was one of the big things I related to in terms of Democrat politics.

Trump couldn't earn my vote because he used the withdrawal as vote catering and not a priority (among a handful of other reasons).  Now it's in ZRod's Uncle's hands, hope he doesn't screw it up.  Or he will and it will be added to the list of "reasons" he has to step down in '22/'23.

• Plus1 2

9 hours ago, ZRod said:

There's healthy skepticism and then there's this...

Uncle Joe, like your creepy crazy uncle. Come on...

Nothing you've said in here to me has been healthy skepticism.  You defend almost everything I comment on that concerns me.  You're a muppet in this regard.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
34 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

I will call bulls#!t on this.  The state of Nebraska consumes more then that on a given day. 

cool......just posted what i found.   here are a couple other sources that seem to agree that afghanistan produces no oil.     but maybe they are fake news?

https://www.indexmundi.com/energy/?country=af&product=oil&graph=production

https://www.worldometers.info/oil/afghanistan-oil/#oil-consumption

23 minutes ago, commando said:

cool......just posted what i found.   here are a couple other sources that seem to agree that afghanistan produces no oil.     but maybe they are fake news?

https://www.indexmundi.com/energy/?country=af&product=oil&graph=production

https://www.worldometers.info/oil/afghanistan-oil/#oil-consumption

My post had more to do with the amount of oil consumed on a daily basis.   As far as oil production,  I have not heard of them producing oil.  Most of the oil in that region comes from Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia and the countries around the Persian Gulf.   There very well could be oil in Afghanistan but it isn't being tapped due to the logistics part of it.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, Redux said:

Nothing you've said in here to me has been healthy skepticism.  You defend almost everything I comment on that concerns me.  You're a muppet in this regard.

Because I'm not the skeptic in this case. You are. You're making boogymen out of nothing at this point. You're essentially what you claim to detest (the otherside of the coin) by fear mongering that we will stay in Afghanistan with a combat presence after September.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, ZRod said:

Because I'm not the skeptic in this case. You are. You're making boogymen out of nothing at this point. You're essentially what you claim to detest (the otherside of the coin) by fear mongering that we will stay in Afghanistan with a combat presence after September.

you-dont-say-nic-cage.gif

• Haha 2