The 2022 Congressional Elections

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

What do you know about Schmitt?

I had read some articles that he's just about as MAGA as the other guy, but without the idiotic gun toting ads and sexual assault baggage.  Also, while in December 2020, he filed an amicus brief supporting law suites trying to overturn the election.  That's a non-starter for me.  If you can't recognize that the entire stolen election issue with Trump was totally BS....then you shouldn't be in congress.

https://missouriindependent.com/2020/12/11/supreme-court-rejects-lawsuit-backed-by-missouri-ag-schmitt-trying-to-overturn-presidential-election/

Missouri Attorney General Eric Schmitt, a Republican, joined with 17 other GOP attorneys general to file a brief in support of the lawsuit, the second time he has gotten involved in a long-shot lawsuit seeking to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election.

While most legal experts said the lawsuit had no merit, Schmitt argued it was essential to protect the integrity of the 2020 election.

More half of the Republicans in the U.S. House — including every Republican member from Missouri — also signed on to Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton’s lawsuit, which sought to invalidate the voting results of Michigan, Georgia, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania.

And, he obviously doesn't care about facts when he still has this on his own website.

ELECTION INTEGRITY

In the 2020 election, when glaring illegal actions involving our sacred elections surfaced, Eric authored and led the brief supporting the Pennsylvania Republican Party against the unbelievable and unconstitutional actions of the Pennsylvania courts. He also authored and led a brief in support of Texas’ lawsuit against Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin before the United States Supreme Court, and he was joined by 17 other states

This sure went a long ways didn't it?  He sure is proud of it.

When President Biden canceled the Keystone XL Pipeline and thousands of jobs with it, Eric demanded it be reinstated and filed suit. 

Maybe he shouldn't be teaching this course when he isn't even willing to help protect the constitution from a piece of s#!t trying to over turn an election.

Eric’s love for the Constitution – the bedrock of America’s legal system – inspired him to teach a course on American Civics. Eric taught “21st Century American Civics” at his alma mater, Saint Louis University, where students had the opportunity to study the evolution of political thought, the American Enlightenment and to explore leadership qualities necessary to solve the big issues facing America today and in the future.

And..to top it off.....one of the first statements on his website.

As Attorney General, Eric Schmitt defended President Trump at every turn 

You should be so proud.  Is that really your job as AG?

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

The quality of candidates GOP put forward this year certainly isn’t the best.   Reminds me of the year, 2010 I believe, where GOP ran the crazy lady from Nevada when Harry was bound to lose until that was his opponent. 

I agree.  And there have been several quality candidates defeated in the primaries.  We, Oklahomans, have a run off in the GOP Senate primary to replace retiring Jim Inholf and the candidates are trying to out flank each other as the  right wing candidate. 

39 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

The quality of candidates GOP put forward this year certainly isn’t the best.   Reminds me of the year, 2010 I believe, where GOP ran the crazy lady from Nevada when Harry was bound to lose until that was his opponent. 

It’s what you get when a party’s voters are told they need to replace good sensible candidates like Romney, Cheney, McCain and people who share those values and seriousness.

And then cater to dangerous voting blocs of crazy radicals that don’t know the first thing about American govt outside of just “owning the libs” and creating more anger among the base of crazies.

The GOP as we knew it is toast, and you’ve celebrated that in this very forum.  

• Plus1 2
59 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

And what the voters need to do is send a message to republicans that this is not acceptable. 

6 hours ago, funhusker said:

It’s what you get when a party’s voters are told they need to replace good sensible candidates like Romney, Cheney, McCain and people who share those values and seriousness.

And then cater to dangerous voting blocs of crazy radicals that don’t know the first thing about American govt outside of just “owning the libs” and creating more anger among the base of crazies.

The GOP as we knew it is toast, and you’ve celebrated that in this very forum.  

Ok :blink:

6 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

And what the voters need to do is send a message to republicans that this is not acceptable. 

It looks like they very well might

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1