The 2022 Congressional Elections

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

And, so if and when something comes through the Senate as far as investigations into Trump....the Republicans can protect him?

I don’t really give a rip about stopping any investigations.   It’s weird a how everything revolves around Trump with you.   

I talk about divided government being good and your go to is but Trump something something 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

I don’t really give a rip about stopping any investigations.   It’s weird a how everything revolves around Trump with you.   

I talk about divided government being good and your go to is but Trump something something 

Usually, I like a split government where a party in power has to work with the other to get things done. 

But, with this Republican Party, we aren’t in normal times. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
22 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Usually, I like a split government where a party in power has to work with the other to get things done. 

But, with this Republican Party, we aren’t in normal times. 

I agree.  My personal politics align more wt TRADITIONAL GOPism - center right.  But in today's world, for the sake of the country long term, I want the Dems to remain in control - until the GOP can get their head out of their a$$.  We can always fix a Dem mistake but we can't fix a broken country as easily. 

• Plus1 3

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Maybe they shouldn't have been paying a (alleged) billionaire's legal bills all this time.

A big advantage Democrats have is ActBlue. Their voters, on average, are comfortable using websites like that and thus Dem candidates raise gobs of money. Their problem, honestly, is raising so much money that much of it is donated to unwinnable races.

Republicans have a similar website, but their average voter is simply unaware of it or expresses a bit more reluctance to donate via online platforms.

23 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Maybe get it from the source next time and not some heritage foundation schmuck who is also apart of the Public Interest Legal Foundation which is know for falsely accusing people of being illegal voters and releasing their personal info, including social security numbers.

https://www.census.gov/library/stories/2022/05/2020-census-undercount-overcount-rates-by-state.html

But keep in mind that the net coverage error is based on survey estimates derived from 114,000 household responses. As such, it is subject to statistical uncertainty as with all survey-based estimates.

The PES confirms that while there were overcounts and undercounts in the 2020 Census, they were not outside the range of variability we have come to expect from prior decades.

The 2010 PES estimated that no states had statistically significant undercounts or overcounts in the 2010 Census. In the 2000 Census, the PES estimated 22 states and the District of Columbia had statistically significant undercounts or overcounts.

However, it’s important to note that we have improved the methods we use to estimate 2020 state-level net coverage errors and their sampling error. These improvements were designed to reduce the bias of the state coverage estimates and more accurately measure the sampling error of the estimates.

That means any such comparison of estimates is subject to different sources of error and uncertainty. As a consequence, the statistical uncertainty associated with 2020-to-2010 state level comparisons will be greater than that indicated by the published standard errors, but how much greater is unknown.

So, while informative, the 2020-to-2010 state level comparisons cannot be considered definitive.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
1 hour ago, ZRod said:

Maybe get it from the source next time and not some heritage foundation schmuck who is also apart of the Public Interest Legal Foundation which is know for falsely accuse people of being illegal voters and releasing their personal info, including social security numbers.

https://www.census.gov/library/stories/2022/05/2020-census-undercount-overcount-rates-by-state.html

So your think confirms him to be correct.   Thanks:thumbs

According to the PES, which states had undercounts?

• Arkansas (-5.04), 
  • Florida (-3.48), 
  • Illinois (-1.97), 
  • Mississippi (-4.11), 
  • Tennessee (-4.78), and 
  • Texas (-1.92). 

And overcounts?

• Delaware (+5.45),
  • Hawaii (+6.79), 
  • Massachusetts (+2.24),
  • Minnesota (+3.84), 
  • New York (+3.44), 
  • Ohio (+1.49), 
  • Rhode Island (+5.05), and 
  • Utah (+2.59) 
  • Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

So your think confirms him to be correct.   Thanks:thumbs

According to the PES, which states had undercounts?

• Arkansas (-5.04), 
  • Florida (-3.48), 
  • Illinois (-1.97), 
  • Mississippi (-4.11), 
  • Tennessee (-4.78), and 
  • Texas (-1.92). 

And overcounts?

• Delaware (+5.45),
  • Hawaii (+6.79), 
  • Massachusetts (+2.24),
  • Minnesota (+3.84), 
  • New York (+3.44), 
  • Ohio (+1.49), 
  • Rhode Island (+5.05), and 
  • Utah (+2.59) 

It literally says it's similar to previous censuses, and that statistically it's probably the same. But nice try.

• Plus1 3