QB Daniel Kaelin

HuskerBoard Predictor  

28 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Kaelin commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

Have you ever followed recruiting before?

How is NU able to add Raiola this late in the game?

That's true but your talking about 2 totally different type of qb's.  Nebraska has never given up on trying to get Raiola while can't say the same for Kaelin once he committed here.  Figured once Kaelin committed here teams that were recruiting him moved on and stopped recruiting him bc he isn't a high profile qb.

2 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

If you think any team won’t find a spot for a QB that they believe adds value……….

You’re aware Nebraska is looking at a kid that committed to Georgia right?  Kinda late?

My Prediction: DK gone.  Probably get it done this weekend.

I would almost guarantee that either DK and/or Purdy are gone before signing day IF Husker nation gets what they want.  If McCord and DR committ, they will both leave as well as they should. Asking someone to stick around to be 3rd or 4th string is asinine.  If we are paying top $$ for the two top dogs, DK and CP have no shot to play without injury. HH will be the other QB in the room and will probably take snaps at TE like early this season.

• TBH 1
3 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

That's true but your talking about 2 totally different type of qb's.  Nebraska has never given up on trying to get Raiola while can't say the same for Kaelin once he committed here.  Figured once Kaelin committed here teams that were recruiting him moved on and stopped recruiting him bc he isn't a high profile qb.

Are you sure?  Sounds like we were moving on & he contacted us! 

6 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

What are his options?  It’s a cruel world.  Kinda feel bad for the kid.

I don't feel bad for him at all. He still has a scholarship to his dream school.

My pitch to him is very simple. He wants to be here, we want him, and with all of the transfers and injures there will eventually be an opportunity. This is a place with a statue of a backup QB. It'll be so special to a kid like him to come in for a banged up starter to drive down for the winning TD in a big game.

21 hours ago, HANC said:

I would almost guarantee that either DK and/or Purdy are gone before signing day IF Husker nation gets what they want.  If McCord and DR committ, they will both leave as well as they should. Asking someone to stick around to be 3rd or 4th string is asinine.  If we are paying top $$ for the two top dogs, DK and CP have no shot to play without injury. HH will be the other QB in the room and will probably take snaps at TE like early this season.

I could see Purdy transfering.  But, I think DK sticks.  I really hope he does.  I would much prefer to have three scholarship QBs in the system.

Probably a good sign that Raiola is coming.

I still don't like to see it, though. You jump ship because they recruit someone else, but then you go to another place and they still are going to recruit guys there, too.

There's just too many unknowns in this game over the course of the next 4 or 5 years to jump ship because of one recruit.

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, brophog said:

Probably a good sign that Raiola is coming.

I still don't like to see it, though. You jump ship because they recruit someone else, but then you go to another place and they still are going to recruit guys there, too.

There's just too many unknowns in this game over the course of the next 4 or 5 years to jump ship because of one recruit.

Michigan State has like 1 QB on that roster. 2 assuming they get the OSU portal QB. 

Probably doesn’t feel very good when a staff says your our guy for 7-8 months and then a week before signing day they say we are now bringing in the number 1-3 QB in the country. I’m sure they told him to explore his options but they still want him too. Big boy football often leaves someone out in the cold. 

• TBH 4
  • Mavric changed the title to QB Daniel Kaelin