*** Official Michigan State Game Thread ***

Mavric

Big game. Play the #3 team as closely as we did (at their house) and then BEAT the #20 team (at their house) the following week and the Nebraska Cornhuskers just might be a ranked team themselves. Already would be, if the Special Teams weren’t Short Bus Special.

This may have been discussed elsewhere, but I found it interesting that Frost moved Verduzco to ground level & put Held up in the box (on game days). I don’t understand the thought process behind it, but find it interesting.

9 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

Big game. Play the #3 team as closely as we did (at their house) and then BEAT the #20 team (at their house) the following week and the Nebraska Cornhuskers just might be a ranked team themselves. Already would be, if the Special Teams weren’t Short Bus Special.

This may have been discussed elsewhere, but I found it interesting that Frost moved Verduzco to ground level & put Held up in the box (on game days). I don’t understand the thought process behind it, but find it interesting.

The thought process may be as simple as try something different. Shake things up a bit. Can’t hurt.

12 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

The thought process may be as simple as try something different. Shake things up a bit. Can’t hurt.

That’s what I’m AFRAID the reason is. I prefer it to be for a thought-driven REASON, rather that the mental equivalent of “maybe it will help if I ‘go commando ’  - can’t hurt.”

7 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

That’s what I’m AFRAID the reason is. I prefer it to be for a thought-driven REASON, rather that the mental equivalent of “maybe it will help if I ‘go commando ’  - can’t hurt.”

I would usually agree but I’m just happy to see any adjustments, whether it is by design or by accident.

Listening to Sparty radio, their people pointed to the obvious keys (be better in Special Teams & contain AM) but the last guy said expect Nebraska to bring 2 & 3 TE sets against a Spartan defense that “wasn’t great” at stopping the run. Here’s hoping Frost’s “work in progress” offensive line takes a big step tonight.