What will the game result be?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What will the game result be?

• Nebraska single digit win
    • Nebraska double digit win
    • Michigan State single digit win
    • Michigan State double digit win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/06/2022 at 12:17 AM

Well, a 12 point loss at Michigan State isn't terrible. And we "only" gave up 11 offensive rebounds to a team that is perennially one of the best rebounding teams in the country.

Of course, when they shoot 51% from the floor there aren't as many rebounds to be had.  And I doubt they often have 19 turnovers.

Verge had an off night shooting.  But Mayen has only hit more than one 3 once in the last 7 games.  And Tominaga has only contributed by being a volume shooter.  Not helpful for the guys who are supposed to be spreading the floor.

• Plus1 1

10 hours ago, Hayseed said:

Let’s forget about recruiting 6’10”  3-point shooters from now on.

I was hoping for the best, but when The Mayor started talking about 3-point shooting being our goal,  I thought “Live by the three, die by the three…. Mostly die.”

I said when he was hired, that we need to keep trying to get a good athletic center and the common theme was that his offense doesn't like a player like that.  I beg to differ.  In the Big Ten, you need a good inside game to free up your shooters on the outside.  They have worked on trying to get Walker more involved with the offense and it's worked to some extent.  He's really a bright spot on the team. However, if he could play like that and be a little taller and longer, it would help with rebounding.  

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I said when he was hired, that we need to keep trying to get a good athletic center and the common theme was that his offense doesn't like a player like that.  I beg to differ.  In the Big Ten, you need a good inside game to free up your shooters on the outside.  They have worked on trying to get Walker more involved with the offense and it's worked to some extent.  He's really a bright spot on the team. However, if he could play like that and be a little taller and longer, it would help with rebounding.  

To me the biggest issue is on the defensive end.  We have to contort our defense so badly to get double-teams in the post that we give up open threes and guys like the Ohio State kid go off for 35.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, Mavric said:

To me the biggest issue is on the defensive end.  We have to contort our defense so badly to get double-teams in the post that we give up open threes and guys like the Ohio State kid go off for 35.

It also doesn't help that we have too many players who think "I haven't shot for awhile" and take horrible shots just to "get theirs".

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1