Roe v Wade overturned????? Draft says so

Poll  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

It’s pretty sick that 29% of Americans believe abortion should be legal in all cases.   Believing it’s ok on Aborting a viable baby a day before natural birth, a month before natural birth, etc. is pretty gross. 

It's pretty sick that Archy spews nonsense like this all time. Just about 99 percent of abortions happen before 21 weeks and most of the terminations at or after 21 weeks were very wanted pregnancies but resulted in serious fetal anomalies. 

Im no doctor but common sense tells me if someone is actually considering "aborting" a healthy baby one day before expected natural birth, they're probably in labor and it's called giving birth at this point. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 3

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Did you ever look into this to see if this claim is true? If so, what did you find out?

Yes, I did - that is why I said  "So I was told".    A lot of mis info out there to paint the 'other side' as the demon.   Her real or primary goal was preventing birth defects.    It also often bothered me with the thought - how can sincerely religious people (which I considered myself to be as well) can be pro choice while I'm pro-life.   So, we find people on both sides of most arguments (politics, abortion, economic, etc) to present half truths and as they say - "Be aware of half truths, you may get the wrong half".  I didn't have the full truth. 

• TBH 1
5 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

It's pretty sick that Archy spews nonsense like this all time. Just about 99 percent of abortions happen before 21 weeks and most of the terminations at or after 21 weeks were very wanted pregnancies but resulted in serious fetal anomalies. 

Im no doctor but common sense tells me if someone is actually considering "aborting" a healthy baby one day before expected natural birth, they're probably in labor and it's called giving birth at this point. 

I'm guessing 99.99% of people would say that Ms. Strawdog should not be able to kill her healthy baby mere days before natural birth.

The reason you also reject blanket anti-abortion terms are the cases where the woman and her doctor understand that the mother's life is at risk, at which point you still attempt to deliver a live baby early and nobody calls it an abortion. 

• TBH 2
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

It's a fact that Margaret Sanger was a eugenicist, and that her birth control outreach to Black and underclass communities could be interpreted in the worst possible way. 

Planned Parenthood fully acknowledges this, honoring Sanger's efforts on behalf of women's health and denouncing her embrace of eugenics. 

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/uploads/filer_public/cc/2e/cc2e84f2-126f-41a5-a24b-43e093c47b2c/210414-sanger-opposition-claims-p01.pdf

That's good to know.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Why not.  That's what Republicans want everyone to think Democrats want.

All I know is I was berated and chastised for using that term. In this very thread.

• Plus1 1
55 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

He said 93% of rapes are “just because”

What? 

It was referring to abortion statistics. 

2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

What was the term? I couldn't find it.

It is actually 2 words, "just because".

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

.  I would think that way fewer than 29% are perfectly comfortable and OK with a woman and Dr aborting a perfectly healthy child a week before birth just because.

Legal in all cases means just exactly that!   That they are fine with the situation you just presented. 

• TBH 1

29 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

What? 

It was referring to abortion statistics. 

It is actually 2 words, "just because".

Yep. You said all the elective rapes (93%) are just because. 

I don’t know why you are suggesting @BigRedBuster saying the abortion of a 9 month healthy fetus just because is the same thing. 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Legal in all cases means just exactly that!   That they are fine with the situation you just presented. 

No. To many people, it means this shouldn't be decided by a bunch of politicians that have no clue about individual situations making an absolute law that can greatly negatively affect someone's personal health and wellbeing.  

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

What if you are about to give birth to a strawman?

How is it humanly possible you don’t understand what “legal in ALL cases” means?  Put a line in the sand on what you’re not comfortable with.  

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, NebraskaHarry said:

Im no doctor

Correct.  

4 hours ago, NebraskaHarry said:

Incorrect.   “Legal in all cases” means they can abort the child anytime before natural birth or induced birth in order to have the baby.   

Will thousands of people get cold feet 30 days before their due date and go for abortion?  Doubtful, but even having that as an option is quite insane.  As you know. 

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I'm guessing 99.99% of people would say that Ms. Strawdog should not be able to kill her healthy baby mere days before natural birth.

Actually 29% say Mrs. Strawdog should be able to:thumbs   According to poll of course.  

• Plus1 1