Who should our next HC be?

20 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Why the hate on BOB?  Not just from you but others. He has a good resume and connections. 

I think its a combination of things. His personality in certain press conferences have come off as a little Bo Pelinish. Rude, my way of doing things. Second you don't know if you fully have him committed for 3 years or longer and certainly you hope you do with the next coach. You don't really see alot of coaches staying at certain places for a long time bc of bigger or better opportunities or even leaving for a challenge. A place like Nebraska you do need at least 3 years to turn it around unless your a absolutely home run hire with recruits (Urban lmao). So long term commitment you question about him as well.  BoB doesn't pop even if he was at Penn State or the coach for the Texans. 

• Fire 1
  • TBH 1

1 minute ago, lo country said:

This next hire will make or break the fan base.  Shaping up to be a lot of potentially divisive hires with all the different names and thoughts on perspective guys.  Each week as losses mount, guys who a month ago were the flavor of the week are chopped liver.  Frost was the chosen one and turned out to be one of the worst coaches I have seen in my lifetime.  It's a crap shoot for sure.  I wonder if Trev is looking for a longterm solution or a guy who can get us average quickly and go from there.

I think that Trev definitely wants a long term guy but at the same time to that doesn't mean if he hires the coach and he turns it around by year 2 and he decides to leave after year 3 Trev or the fan base should be upset.  If the coach decided to do that and left Nebraska in a better spot then when he got here I'd thank him and say good luck to your next challenge. It's hard on coaches these days to stay committed to one school for a long time bc of numerous reasons.

• Fire 1
14 minutes ago, lo country said:

This next hire will make or break the fan base.  Shaping up to be a lot of potentially divisive hires with all the different names and thoughts on perspective guys.  Each week as losses mount, guys who a month ago were the flavor of the week are chopped liver.  Frost was the chosen one and turned out to be one of the worst coaches I have seen in my lifetime.  It's a crap shoot for sure.  I wonder if Trev is looking for a longterm solution or a guy who can get us average quickly and go from there.

It seems the best scenario is for Mickey to do well. By “well” I mean convincingly so. That, or a coach like Petersen or

M. Stoops is tabbed. 

I’m having reservations on many of these coaches at present. 

11 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Me too. Just there isn't much to go on so like I said almost to 400 pages of fans caring. That's crazy to me.

We’re experiencing coach search fatigue! Instead if decision fatigue, it’s an “indecision fatigue”. We want answers. There are none. All we can do is attempt to get an idea of what Trev Alberts might be doing and convey what he “should” be doing.

I do think that Trev’s going about this very thoroughly and is putting great effort into weighing what is advantageous and what isn’t with each prospect. We have to put our trust in him. Then, if he disappoints we can come after him with our hatchets! Lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I think its a combination of things. His personality in certain press conferences have come off as a little Bo Pelinish. Rude, my way of doing things. Second you don't know if you fully have him committed for 3 years or longer and certainly you hope you do with the next coach. You don't really see alot of coaches staying at certain places for a long time bc of bigger or better opportunities or even leaving for a challenge. A place like Nebraska you do need at least 3 years to turn it around unless your a absolutely home run hire with recruits (Urban lmao). So long term commitment you question about him as well.  BoB doesn't pop even if he was at Penn State or the coach for the Texans. 

He doesn’t seem to be a person that can suspend his ego. How well does that mesh with a Nebraska fan base during a rebuilding phase…

What he accomplished at Penn State was impressive. At the Texans on the other hand was rather disastrous. Some things he hasn’t managed well. How much is he responsible for Alabama’s offensive struggles? Doesn’t appear to be a long term solution. Maybe somehow that works as part of a larger strategy.