Who should our next HC be?

6 minutes ago, M.A. said:

If true, Jeff Grimes and crew will address the O-line issues effectively.

It would be a great hire if it happens. I wouldn’t see it as a rebuild either as Mickey has been doing work since he took over. I think the rebuild started after Oklahoma. Aranda, Mickey, and Busch bring much needed continuity that the players would appreciate. Grimes is a stud and would bring that nasty toughness back to the offense. Aranda definitely in my top 5 for hires and brings a level of excitement when I think about because of the Mickey and Busch element. Guessing Applewhite would stay too to solidify that Texas recruiting. 

• Fire 1

22 minutes ago, huskerpower22 said:

It would be a great hire if it happens. I wouldn’t see it as a rebuild either as Mickey has been doing work since he took over. I think the rebuild started after Oklahoma. Aranda, Mickey, and Busch bring much needed continuity that the players would appreciate. Grimes is a stud and would bring that nasty toughness back to the offense. Aranda definitely in my top 5 for hires and brings a level of excitement when I think about because of the Mickey and Busch element. Guessing Applewhite would stay too to solidify that Texas recruiting. 

I can see a scenario of Aranda being hired with Grimes possibly remaining at Baylor as their HC. Joseph assumes the role of OC. Eric Mateos is a mighty fine offensive line coach. He could maybe even serve as OC sometime down the road.

Aranda isn’t “elite” but he is very good. He’s a smart cat. I think he’d have a stabilizing influence. I like the possibility of inroads to successfully recruiting the west coast and Texas which I think he could do.  I’d hate to seeing Grimes get lost in the shuffle yet it might be inevitable. 

• Fire 1
2 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

Aranda would a be a good hire. They run a physical spread with an effective play action and screen game. I don't see Mickey as OC, though, considering he has no experience in that position?

Mickey won’t be OC. He can stay as WR coach, and assistant head coach and recruiting coordinator. 

• Plus1 4