Who should our next HC be?

11 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Bc of the hard work he has put in. What if he gets them to a bowl game? What if he feels he has earned that right to be. He is only 2-2 right now.

Using “hard work” as a measuring stick means every interim coach should feel slighted not getting the full time gig.

And LOL at us getting to a bowl game.  We’re going to be underdogs in every remaining game. I can see us winning maybe winning 1 more, with a slight possibility of 2.  I don’t see 3 at all.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1

What has Mickey done to be entitled to anything, much less the OC role? A 2-2 record is nothing to write home about. It’s amazing how some on this board think he’s some amazing coach. He should be thankful if he’s even retained on the staff and that NU gave him the opportunity to be the interim coach. Lol at some of you calling it a “slap in the face” if he’s not named OC.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1
34 minutes ago, M.A. said:

Joseph as OC might be a stretch.   He could be a guy that could “figure it out” if thrown into the fire and grow into the role.

I think it’d be a very Nebraska-like yet with considerable passing.

It’s hard to know what Jeff’s aspirations are. If both he and Mickey could be retained that’d be fabulous.

Now I’m getting sugarplums dancing in my head! Lol

I mean this is how anyone makes it to OC though. If you look at his resume he is following a pretty standard path to OC. But yeah its all speculation about a HC we dont have and the motivations of assistant coaches that we know nothing about. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2
5 minutes ago, husker009 said:

What has Mickey done to be entitled to anything, much less the OC role? A 2-2 record is nothing to write home about. It’s amazing how some on this board think he’s some amazing coach. He should be thankful if he’s even retained on the staff and that NU gave him the opportunity to be the interim coach. Lol at some of you calling it a “slap in the face” if he’s not named OC.

I didn't say i felt that way I was just asking.

33 minutes ago, lo country said:

Agree.  With him to commit I'd think there is indiction that MJ will stay in some capacity.  Although MJ said a person commits to the team not a coach.  Not sure if that's true or not.

Same guy is taking blame for losses when we have the worst OLine tackles in the country.  

I like Mickey but not buying the cliche lines.  Nebraska has been terrible for years, and these kids want to play on Sundays.  We don't land that type of kid without something behind it on the sidelines...which I hope (and believe) includes Mickey.  

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
16 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I didn't say i felt that way I was just asking.

There are a lot of people on here acting like Mickey should absolutely get a significant role with the next staff. For one, that’s usually not how it works when a coach gets fired. Usually, that coach’s entire staff gets axed and the new coach brings an entire staff of his own guys in. I was misunderstanding what you were saying, but this is a common attitude I’ve seen on this board regarding Mickey. 2-2, and likely 2-7 or 3-6, should not get anyone a significant role. 

• Haha 1
56 minutes ago, husker009 said:

There are a lot of people on here acting like Mickey should absolutely get a significant role with the next staff. For one, that’s usually not how it works when a coach gets fired. Usually, that coach’s entire staff gets axed and the new coach brings an entire staff of his own guys in. I was misunderstanding what you were saying, but this is a common attitude I’ve seen on this board regarding Mickey. 2-2, and likely 2-7 or 3-6, should not get anyone a significant role. 

Bad take.  He's a no nonsense guy who recruits great and has seen winning football on this level.

• Plus1 5
9 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

Bad take.  He's a no nonsense guy who recruits great and has seen winning football on this level.

Is it really though?  I'm not sure we want to direct the next coach's decisions.   Whatever coach we hire should get our full trust and be able to hire whoever they feel is best.  I like mj but there should be absolutely no expectation about the next coach retaining him.   

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Is it really though?  I'm not sure we want to direct the next coach's decisions.   Whatever coach we hire should get our full trust and be able to hire whoever they feel is best.  I like mj but there should be absolutely no expectation about the next coach retaining him.   

Then they must have the next hire already set because recruits are saying he will be back. Check the presser yesterday for Coleman. If Mickey isn’t brought back we haven’t seen the worst of the dumpster fire yet. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 2
59 minutes ago, huskerpower22 said:

Then they must have the next hire already set because recruits are saying he will be back. Check the presser yesterday for Coleman. If Mickey isn’t brought back we haven’t seen the worst of the dumpster fire yet. 

That made me also feel like Mickey is returning.  Which isn't exactly awful.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 4
10 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Wasn't saying head guy.  He needs to remain on the staff with what he brings..

1 hour ago, husker009 said:

Yes MJ is getting a significant role. It doesn’t need to be OC but WR coach, recruiting coordinator, AHC. Actually I will restate that I bet Trev has made this as an interview question to weed out crappy hires. If you are not retaining MJ you basically cancelled yourself as a candidate. Why? Because MJ has recruited, developed, and put guys in the league that are not just late round picks on some team rosters but are the guys like Chase and Jefferson. He recruited Boutte at LSU who is likely  another first round NFL pick. Palmer is far and away our best WR and offensive weapon, also connected to MJ being here. Decoldest is because of MJ. And now Coleman has committed. When has NU ever had the cream of the crop receiver recruiter? Never! We are barely getting guys into the league and I am reading absolute garbage that “well if (insert your favorite candidate here) has his own guy and doesn’t retain MJ well that’s the right thing to do to give him complete control”. BS! Teams like USC, OSU, Michigan will have guys 3 deep better than our starters.  Stop the silly talk. Recruiting is king. MJ is an elite recruiter and developer of talent and will absolutely be here for that.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1