Who should our next HC be?

4 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I think since he has learned that from stepping away he knows how to handle his problems sometimes thats all it takes. I don't know if other programs now that he has been out have approached him but I would have tried too. If Nebraska hires Chris Petersen I'm at the first game next season. If Nebraska hires Matt Campbell or a border state coach Im not even going to support Nebraska.

34 minutes ago, X throw the bones X said:

Kansas very well could finish 6-7 after starting 5-0.  Not nearly as impressive as initially thought. I hope Leipold isn't the guy.

It's still impressive since Kansas had won 6 games in the 3 seasons before Leipold got there combined and hadn't won more than 3 games in any of the last 12 seasons.

That's even worse of a rebuild than the Huskers are right now, and we really need a coach who can rebuild this program completely.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 2
4 minutes ago, X throw the bones X said:

All I know is that if he fired Frost early spending all that extra $, and takes all this time conducting this search and building the suspense, and then ends up hiring Monken or Campbell or Leipold or some other middle-of-the-road coach, well, that's sad.

Means we were the ugly gal at prom. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I think since he has learned that from stepping away he knows how to handle his problems sometimes thats all it takes. I don't know if other programs now that he has been out have approached him but I would have tried too. If Nebraska hires Chris Petersen I'm at the first game next season. If Nebraska hires Matt Campbell or a border state coach Im not even going to support Nebraska.

You should probably just check out now.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

Just now, RedDenver said:

It's still impressive since Kansas had won 6 games in the 3 seasons before Leipold got there combined and hadn't won more than 3 games in any of the last 12 seasons.

That's even worse of a rebuild than the Huskers are right now, and we really need a coach who can rebuild this program completely.

But its sad if your going to hire a coach at 6-7 with a losing record regardless if your going to admire the great job he has done. That doesn't give any hope to the fans that we can get better or things will get better.

Just now, Huskerfollower4life said:

But its sad if your going to hire a coach at 6-7 with a losing record regardless if your going to admire the great job he has done. That doesn't give any hope to the fans that we can get better or things will get better.

It's only sad if you care more about the hype of the next coach than the chances of bringing back the program. IMO it's going to take a good coach 3-4 years to build this back because of how long it will take to fix the OL and DL, so a coach that has a history of rebuilding programs will give me more hope than the "splash hire".

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
10 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

See ya. Don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out.

Good riddance.:thumbs

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, Huskerfollower4life said:

Please don't act like we are going to hire Matt Campbell or Lance Leipold. Nobody has a clue but I have my guys I prefer. If you like those coaches keeping rooting for mediocre. Have at it.

I remember 3 shorts months ago you were all up on Frost's jock about how he was going to turn it around.  Now you don't want to "keep rooting for mediocre".

Log off and go to bed.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1