Who should our next HC be?

Just now, RedDenver said:

It's only sad if you care more about the hype of the next coach than the chances of bringing back the program. IMO it's going to take a good coach 3-4 years to build this back because of how long it will take to fix the OL and DL, so a coach that has a history of rebuilding programs will give me more hope than the "splash hire".

I don't necessarily agree that a so called coach like Chris Petersen would take 3-4 years to rebuild a program. Good coaches that are established have coaches on speed dial.

4 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I don't necessarily agree that a so called coach like Chris Petersen would take 3-4 years to rebuild a program. Good coaches that are established have coaches on speed dial.

It's a nice thought but have you watched our team play the last few years? Quality starters for every position on both lines aren't just going to magically appear and play well together. It'll be a struggle to win 3 games next year.

• Fire 1
5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I remember 3 shorts months ago you were all up on Frost's jock about how he was going to turn it around.  Now you don't want to "keep rooting for mediocre".

Log off and go to bed.

Hold up I admitted that I was wrong bc SF was the sinkin ship that was and I was one of the last passengers on the ship. Once Nebraska lost to Georgia Southern I jumped off the ship bc I understand that it does take time to gel with the new pieces in place but I wanted to give it time. No way regardless should we have lost to Georgia Southern with the players we have here.

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Please don't act like we are going to hire Matt Campbell or Lance Leipold. Nobody has a clue but I have my guys I prefer. If you like those coaches keeping rooting for mediocre. Have at it.

When has Trev said  either of those guys are being hired???? Seriously some of the dumb s#!t that gets posted here, NO ONE KNOWS s#!t but everyone jumps to stupid conclusions. Just because some goon on a message board brings up names doesn't mean s#!t, some twat on a podcast doesn't mean s#!t , some talking head looking for veiws says a name,  doesn't mean s#!t. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 1

4 minutes ago, man eating mastodon said:

When has Trev said  either of those guys are being hired???? Seriously some of the dumb s#!t that gets posted here, NO ONE KNOWS s#!t but everyone jumps to stupid conclusions. Just because some goon on a message board brings up names doesn't mean s#!t, some twat on a podcast doesn't mean s#!t , some talking head looking for veiws says a name,  doesn't mean s#!t. 

I think you get this, but the problems comes from being so snake bitten from the hand full of times before this has happened.  And the win/loss record has become worse and worse so there is no confidence this place can bring in what it takes to win again.   I think thats the gist of it.

5 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

It's a nice thought but have you watched our team play the last few years? Quality starters for every position on both lines aren't just going to magically appear and play well together. It'll be a struggle to win 3 games next year.

So then to you it really doesn't matter who the next head coach is going to be bc whoever takes the job this team is going to suck for 2 years. Sorry I don't believe that bc within the last 8 years Nebraska hasn't hired the best position coaches out there. Go look at the track records of the past position coaches. Not good our old defensive coordinator EC will never be a defensive coordinator at a well know college other then Nebraska. A great coach brings established position coaches with him and not letting coaches learn on the job here to get it down. BR or the o-line coach.

12 minutes ago, man eating mastodon said:

Bonus points for the use of the word “twat”

• TBH 1

5 minutes ago, man eating mastodon said:

That's not totally directed at you btw 

I understand what you mean but all I said is if they hire those guys im out. It has been painful enough to see them lose. Either by not having great position coaches to develop them or the coaches not being smart enough to make adjustments to the game with the roster you have. When MJ said something today like you cant trade away players or something to that sort he basically is saying his hands are tied with the players he has and I understand that but you as a coach have to be smart enough to change plays that offset the lack of skills. When you dont throw screen passes or try anything like that I blame the coaches bc they have been in the game long enough to know that.

• Thanks 1