North Dakota Play-by-Play

Mavric

31 minutes ago, big_red_husker_01 said:

anyone know why Frosty kept calling timeouts on ND's last drive (I think it was first half)? It gave them enough time to score, which they otherwise wouldnt have

How do you like the aggressiveness of Frosts onside kicks

They had plenty of time to score without us using our timeouts, they had their own and plenty of time. He wanted to save enough time for our offense but the D couldn't get off the field. 

And is the second one a joke? Just flip to the NW game thread for fans thought on the onside kick. The one against ND was a squib kick that hit a dude, low risk high reward. 

17 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

They had plenty of time to score without us using our timeouts, they had their own and plenty of time. He wanted to save enough time for our offense but the D couldn't get off the field. 

100% right and anyone peddling otherwise is revealing really piss poor awareness

1 hour ago, Lorewarn said:

100% right and anyone peddling otherwise is revealing really piss poor awareness

It’s also quite possible ND would have been content playing it safe, conservative play calls of Frost doesn’t call time out and going into the locker room happy with a close game at that point.  

once Frost  calls a timeout then they have to play for a first down and once they get that one with plenty of time and some momentum they decide to open it up.  

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

It’s also quite possible ND would have been content playing it safe, conservative play calls of Frost doesn’t call time out and going into the locker room happy with a close game at that point.  

once Frost  calls a timeout then they have to play for a first down and once they get that one with plenty of time and some momentum they decide to open it up.  

We used our first timeout with a minute left and they were on our 14  with 2 timeouts of their own.  They were already in field goal range, there was nothing more to "open up." Frost deserves blame for a lot of things, but using the timeouts is not one of them. 

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

I mean .... underthrowing him and giving him a chance is 100x better than overthrowing him where he has no chance.

But is it too much to ask to get it to him *somewhat* in stride, at least once in awhile?  At least not have to stop and come back for it?

To hear that coming from you makes me sad face :(  Really wasn't a catch-n-go even if it thrown perfectly perfect.  I thought it was a nice play.

With 2 games in, and IMO, we are kind of improving with our passing since the days of Taylor Magic, Armstrong, Tanner Lee, 2AM.  Now if we throw screens 5-8 times a game, the completion stats would be off the hook awesome.  I like that we throw downfield, take shots, and I would bet that this is the most accurate we have been to giving receivers' chances to make a play in recent memory.