North Dakota Play-by-Play

Mavric

15 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

I'm really thinking(hoping) his accuracy issues are from rust since he had that thumb injury so long and then missed time after surgery. I feel like he looked more accurate with the injury at times even last season so it's either rust or mental. 

It's rather amazing how the body can compensate in relation to injury. I'd say that it has more to do with reorientation back to normal functioning. Repetition with proper mechanics brings it around. Along with some residual physical issues working their way out too. It sounds like he had a bunch of corrective things done. I kind of wonder if what's going on with accuracy issues in later stages of games in particular might be due to some soreness and stiffness. It might take some time yet. 

• Plus1 1
37 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

I'm really thinking(hoping) his accuracy issues are from rust since he had that thumb injury so long and then missed time after surgery. I feel like he looked more accurate with the injury at times even last season so it's either rust or mental. 

His accuracy are because he isn't that good.  He also already reinjured the hand.  People need to come to grips with the fact that he is a mediocre quarterback that was replaced for a freshman at a different school.  Unless he beats Oklahoma then he's great and I take back everything. 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, KingBlank said:

His accuracy are because he isn't that good.  He also already reinjured the hand.  People need to come to grips with the fact that he is a mediocre quarterback that was replaced for a freshman at a different school.  Unless he beats Oklahoma then he's great and I take back everything. 

ice-cube-da-fuq.gif

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, M.A. said:

It's rather amazing how the body can compensate in relation to injury. I'd say that it has more to do with reorientation back to normal functioning. Repetition with proper mechanics brings it around. Along with some residual physical issues working their way out too. It sounds like he had a bunch of corrective things done. I kind of wonder if what's going on with accuracy issues in later stages of games in particular might be due to some soreness and stiffness. It might take some time yet. 

That's a good point about soreness and stiffness. After my knee surgery I remember my feet were sore a lot in the later stages of rehab putting all that weight back on them, and obviously regaining flexibility is one of the hardest most painful parts so makes sense it would take some time in your hand also.  

• Fire 1

4 hours ago, Mavric said:

Dear goodness. What in the world are we doing with our protection???

I get this play, and it works as a misdirection. Gotta keep opposing D honest.
But if we want our or left guard to pull and block the rushing opposite D end we need him to take giant step back and have eyes on his rushing end block…can he do it, athletically at all? Or is coaching/film going  to teach him to get that depth and actually have that one job?  These plays are fine to run, do we have the horses that can run them? 

7 hours ago, Mavric said:

On time and on the money.  I like it.

"All the time he needed..."  ???? 

I love the chaz video plays, but Casey got rid of the ball in 3 seconds.  Count to 3 and the ball is gone.  Most other plays he gets rid of it sooner.  

"All the time he needed to see 8 defenders... "   Um, no sport, this is a basic quick read, bang-bang play.  Maybe the previous years it takes 5-8 seconds to make that decision and throw (err, "all the time needed to see 8 defenders...")

I am sorry, because I know this is me being critical.  I don't want the million average Joes thinking "HE HAD ALL THE TIME NEEDED!!!"

12 hours ago, Mavric said:

Probably just a good play by the DE on the first one, though Benhart could probably have gotten to him faster and at least got a shove.  

Manning needs to squeeze the second one more. 

It definitely qualifies as "creative" but we do a lot of work for a play that was only going to get a couple more yards even if we get those blocks.

I forget who it was, but we ran this last season near the goal line and the WR absolutely lit his guy up. I love this wrinkle of running power by pulling the WRs across the formation.

10 hours ago, Mavric said:

Dear goodness. What in the world are we doing with our protection???

Another scheme from the Frost playbook. Pulling a backside player to kick out the strong side DE on the pass pro and provide a deeper play action look. But if you're pulling then f#&%ing get there! Don't take your sweet time skipping down the line like you're on the way to 5th period french.