Where ColoradoHusk Asks Random Trivia

18 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The answer I am looking for has not been said, and this person isn’t very relevant to current days Nebraska football.

This person isn’t someone that Osborne told or shared info with, and again it’s not Bill Byrne, any family members, or coaching staff from back then. 

Brook

Or   Eric Crouch - who would be the next QB following Frost

29 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The answer I am looking for has not been said, and this person isn’t very relevant to current days Nebraska football.

This person isn’t someone that Osborne told or shared info with, and again it’s not Bill Byrne, any family members, or coaching staff from back then. 

Brook Berringers parents?

19 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Barry Alvarez

That would make sense

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

This is some odd trivia, but I thought it would be fun to do, while in the midst of a coaching search.

In the fall of 1997, other than the coaching staff, AD, families, etc. who was the first person to know that Tom Osborne was going to retire and Frank Solich was going to be named the head coach?

Ahman Green

41 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Barry Alvarez

Honestly my first answer would’ve been Frank because it is known that TO had promised it to him some years earlier. Tom actually wanted to keep coaching for awhile longer in 97  but felt he owed it to Solich to step aside. So logically one would think he was the first to know….but one of the clues was it was nobody on staff so Barry was just a guess. Bobby Bowden or Barry Switzer would’ve been my next guesses but they didn’t play for Nebraska.