Prime Time!!! - Deion Sanders Hired as Colorado Head Coach

Shiggity

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Who is Deion demoting to account for this move? Does Deion even realize that there are limits on full-time assistant coaches?

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Wow, that dude is/was a big get for them.  Gotta think he will bounce after this season and either head back to the MAC or end up as an OC at a big school.

I haven’t followed their games super close but offensive play calling hasn’t appeared to be near their biggest weakness. Maybe he’s blaming Lewis for the OL performance along with the players. I guess it’s everyone’s fault except for Deion, Shadeur and Hunter.

• Plus1 2
20 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I haven’t followed their games super close but offensive play calling hasn’t appeared to be near their biggest weakness. Maybe he’s blaming Lewis for the OL performance along with the players. I guess it’s everyone’s fault except for Deion, Shadeur and Hunter.

The offense really struggled against UCLA, but most of that seemed to be due to poor o-line play. I’m not sure what changing the play caller is going to do at this point. Deion won’t be able to attract real assistant coaches if he keeps this act up. Of course, I have questioned how long he’s interested in staying at CU or in coaching anyway. Once Shedeur is gone, what is going to keep him interested in coaching?

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yes....and when he has to actually go out and recruit a good QB that will put up with his BS.

Supposedly he has a stud QB for the 2025 class committed, but I don’t follow recruiting enough to know what he’s doing for 2024. I think he’s not bothering much with high school recruiting and is going to try the transfer portal route each year. I still think his over/under for seasons at Colorado is 2. 

• TBH 1

49 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Rumor is the OC wants to run more...Prime doesn't want to run.

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Rumor is the OC wants to run more...Prime doesn't want to run.

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

Prime is running his team like a 12 year old playing NCAA College Football. 

Seems like he just wants to pad Shedeur's stats 

• TBH 4

The Pat Schurmer experiment isn’t working well. 58 total yards in the first half tonight. Plus, CU threw 2 passes from their own 4-yard line after getting the ball back with seconds left in the 2nd quarter

CU punts, gives up a good punt return, and Oregon State scores a TD on their first play. Say what you want about Coach Prime, but that is not a well coached team. 

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The Pat Schurmer experiment isn’t working well. 58 total yards in the first half tonight. Plus, CU threw 2 passes from their own 4-yard line after getting the ball back with seconds left in the 2nd quarter

CU punts, gives up a good punt return, and Oregon State scores a TD on their first play. Say what you want about Coach Prime, but that is not a well coached team. 

I like the part where Deion, the DC, and 4 other coaches screamed at the CB after the play for a few minutes. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, GSG said:

I like the part where Deion, the DC, and 4 other coaches screamed at the CB after the play for a few minutes. 

DJ Ugalalala (spelling?) shows glimpses of being so good and so bad from play to play. The dude is big with a huge arm, but he also makes terrible plays.

Other teams have figured out what to do against CU, especially against CU’s offense.