Prime Time!!! - Deion Sanders Hired as Colorado Head Coach

Shiggity

1 hour ago, admo said:

Earlier in the year, Colorado State would have won if they didn't play prevent defense on a 95 yard drive.  

Colorado State also played safe and didn't go for a 4th and 1 from CU's 40 when a first down would have won them the game.  CSU lost that game as much as CU won that game.  Although I do give credit to Shedeur for driving CU down for that tying TD against CSU.

Local media in Denver is starting to realize that Deion may not be all that and is giving him criticism today.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

The commentators in last night's game seemed like they were a Pro-Colorado crew, but they also had very good points in that CU never tried to give their o-line help against the pass rush.  It's basically like Deion wants to run his team like a 7 on 7 team, with his son as the QB throwing the ball around to a bunch of stud athletes.  Yes, CU does have Hunter and some other very good receivers, but that's not enough to be a consistently good offense.

• Plus1 1

i saw a comment on twitter that i can't find again...but maybe someone here can tell me if its true or not.   they said last years offensive line gave up 26 sacks.....then sanders ran them all off and replaced then with transfers and this years line has given up 40 sacks so far.   i've seen suggestions that we should do what col sanders did but that seems to have backfired on him

• Plus1 2
30 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Watching GameDay yesterday, they were all speculating that CU was going to run the ball more under the new play caller. I know CU was trailing by 2 scores the entire 2nd half, but Schurmer had only 11 runs to their running backs, while having over 40 pass plays. @teachercd said that Lewis wanted to run the ball more, but Deion said no, because Deion wanted to pad Shedeur’s stats. Either way, it could be unraveling in Boulder pretty quickly. 

4 hours ago, Mavric said:

Yeah he needs to keep his hands off the refs, regardless if he likes to do that, but especially to a lady official in the pic above.  

She does many big ten games, including the Huskers.  Story on her was that she was once married to a guy, divorced him, and moved on to a lady partner.  Which is fine.  I think she might have married her, I forget.  But anyway, Deion gets enough celebrity calls from the refs that he doesn't need to put his hands on them.  

3 minutes ago, admo said:

Yeah he needs to keep his hands off the refs, regardless if he likes to do that, but especially to a lady official in the pic above.  

She does many big ten games, including the Huskers.  Story on her was that she was once married to a guy, divorced him, and moved on to a lady partner.  Which is fine.  I think she might have married her, I forget.  But anyway, Deion gets enough celebrity calls from the refs that he doesn't need to put his hands on them.  

Interesting story about that referee, but I thought referees work for a conference, so how would she do a lot of Big Ten games. Yes, there are times when the 2 conferences play against each other where they will use one conference crew or another (usually the visiting conference). Is that what you are referring to?

Either way, I thought it was weird how handsy Deion was being last night with the ref, regardless of the ref being a woman. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Interesting story about that referee, but I thought referees work for a conference, so how would she do a lot of Big Ten games. Yes, there are times when the 2 conferences play against each other where they will use one conference crew or another (usually the visiting conference). Is that what you are referring to?

Either way, I thought it was weird how handsy Deion was being last night with the ref, regardless of the ref being a woman. 

My bad, that's probably Conti because she does look like Sauer from the Big Ten.  But yeah, weird to be handsy by Deion.  Although I have seen in games when the male referees not get bothered by it from him.  Probably because he's a big celeb/former super bowl champion and icon.  Would be hard to not be his buddy if he's cool with you lol

• Plus1 1
49 minutes ago, admo said:

My bad, that's probably Conti because she does look like Sauer from the Big Ten.  But yeah, weird to be handsy by Deion.  Although I have seen in games when the male referees not get bothered by it from him.  Probably because he's a big celeb/former super bowl champion and icon.  Would be hard to not be his buddy if he's cool with you lol

IDK man, he touches my man bobs like that and I comin’ for half his Aflac money :lol:

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1