Prime Time!!! - Deion Sanders Hired as Colorado Head Coach

Shiggity

7 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Deion's handling of his kids during this is so weird.  On one hand, Deion is getting his kids a bunch of hype and interest and making a ton of money in NIL. But, on the other hand, Deion isn't really preparing Shedeur for being in the NFL.  Deion is being worse than a helicopter parent, he's being a bulldozer parent, trying to clear every obstacle that his kids are going to face.

What does that do for his kids?  It doesn't force his kids to overcome adversity and learn how to grow for themselves.  All that does is make sure that Deion is able to say to his kids "I gave you all your success". 

Agreed it’s kinda f#&%ed up. No doubt in my mind he has lost a lot of players on that team already

• Plus1 1

On 11/1/2023 at 1:22 PM, Husker in WI said:

Apparently I'm in the minority here, but I think expecting that your belongings won't be stolen from the locker room while you play a game is reasonable. Whether or not it would be wise, I don't think college students should need to insure their belongings to protect them while they participate in an event that makes the schools involved a ton of money.

It's also not an NCAA problem, but I would think UCLA should bear some responsibility. I also wouldn't just take opposing athletes at their word though, so I doubt it goes anywhere. 

Maybe under normal circumstances. But when your players flash 100K AP Royal Oak and drive Rolls Royces, insurance might be a prudent precaution 

I am not saying that Sapp will be this way BUT I have coached on staffs where some kid came back to coach, and he was like a really good player when he played at the school but he didn't really wanted to coach, he just wanted to "be there" .

For the most part, coaching kind of sucks.  Most of it is boring, repetitive, slow...I could see where Sapp might like game day but not practice.  I was that way my last few years of coaching FB.

• Plus1 3

They are gonna be f#&%ing awful next year. They have a roster full of defective and selfish players with a HC who is about flash rather than substance. Bad HS recruiting and they don’t have a Travis Hunter or another Sanders coming from a previous job. They are not going to get great players from the portal. No NIL & they will get swooped by the blue bloods. This will be a case study on what not to do as a HC. 

• Haha 2
  • TBH 1