Prime Time!!! - Deion Sanders Hired as Colorado Head Coach

Shiggity

5 hours ago, Mavric said:

Deion is a bigger POS douchebag than I ever thought he was. When he got the CU job I didn’t like him on principle (because it was CU) but now I just hate him solely for who and what he is. f#&%in clown.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

I took a look back at some of the early posts in this thread and found a couple of good calls:

On 12/3/2022 at 2:05 PM, ColoradoHusk said:

I think Prime will do well in the short-term in recruiting and transfers but their lack of NIL will hurt them. Yeah, CU has a lot of alumni and I’m sure a lot with $, but CU typically struggles with getting $ donated to them. 

On 12/5/2022 at 6:43 PM, Enhance said:

Look, until Deion does something on the field, he's as much as hype as any other newly hired coach. There's a lot to like about him and some things to be concerned about.

But I don't think next year's game is going to tell us much of anything about either Sanders or Rhule.

I'll tell you one thing though, I can't WAIT for all faux Husker fans who will come out of the woodwork if Colorado wins. There will be a lot of s#!tposting here. They'd rather be right about Rhule and/or the program than actually support the program.

• Thanks 1
57 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Deion is a bigger POS douchebag than I ever thought he was. When he got the CU job I didn’t like him on principle (because it was CU) but now I just hate him solely for who and what he is. f#&%in clown.

He definitely is not helping himself nor is his kid.  What a douche family.  Show a little leadership at some point. Be an adult 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
22 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

He definitely is not helping himself nor is his kid.  What a douche family.  Show a little leadership at some point. Be an adult 

Yep. And maybe even just a little bit of class. Every word and action thus far has been totally classless. Me me me is all he’s capable of.

• TBH 1
9 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Yep. And maybe even just a little bit of class. Every word and action thus far has been totally classless. Me me me is all he’s capable of.

So I never really heard him speak a lot when he was at Jax State but the times I did hear him he seemed okay, he seemed like he was about the kids and making sure they got what they needed and were recognized.

Now it almost seems like he is playing up the role of the bad guy OR maybe this is just his true personality and he was just being a bit more reserved at his last stop.  

But man does he ever seem doooshy now.  I also can't see why he stays after this season.  I have known from than a few "Dad Coaches" that stop coaching the second their kid or kids are no longer on the team.  I kind of get that vibe from him.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

What will be interesting is that this game, CU at NU might be the only game in the first 7 games where NU is not favored.  I could see it being a Pick'Em.  

Obviously it will be interesting to see how both team look in their first games.

But I do think it will be a close line.  But the Huskers probably get the home team edge and will be a 3-5 point favorite.

Of course, if the Raiola hype train is in full gear and the money is pouring in on the Huskers, it could be closer to 7.

• Fire 1
  • TBH 1
48 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Obviously it will be interesting to see how both team look in their first games.

But I do think it will be a close line.  But the Huskers probably get the home team edge and will be a 3-5 point favorite.

Of course, if the Raiola hype train is in full gear and the money is pouring in on the Huskers, it could be closer to 7.

I think it will be NU -3 but there tends to be, like you said, a huge reaction after week 1.

If NDSU beats CU and if NU looks good vs UTEP, 6-7 is likely.  

• Plus1 1
50 minutes ago, Mavric said:

If the Husker defense goes all-in on bullrushing a fragile CU offensive line, Shaedur Sanders won't hurt you, and even a marginal improvement in Husker QB play makes a significant difference over last year. I like our chances. 

• TBH 2

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Wow, nice call

Just saw this posted:  DraftKings came out with more lines this morning. Nebraska -6.5 against CU.

• Plus1 2