Prime Time!!! - Deion Sanders Hired as Colorado Head Coach

Shiggity

Not going to lie, after the first couple weeks, I was one of the people who said maybe we should have hired Sanders over Rhule. I was wrong. Its starting to unravel for CO just like I thought it would before the season watching their videos of Deion not knowing half his players names and messing around at practice. The wheels are going to fall off now. Rhule talked about building a team the right way without any shortcuts. Sanders took shortcuts and it worked out for a little bit. Very happy we have Rhule and I see progress from Neb. I wouldnt be a Neb fan if I didnt have a little doubt with the way the last 10 years have gone, but my doubt about Rhule is slowly but surely decreasing. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

6 minutes ago, Ratt Mhule said:

Not going to lie, after the first couple weeks, I was one of the people who said maybe we should have hired Sanders over Rhule. I was wrong. Its starting to unravel for CO just like I thought it would before the season watching their videos of Deion not knowing half his players names and messing around at practice. The wheels are going to fall off now. Rhule talked about building a team the right way without any shortcuts. Sanders took shortcuts and it worked out for a little bit. Very happy we have Rhule and I see progress from Neb. I wouldnt be a Neb fan if I didnt have a little doubt with the way the last 10 years have gone, but my doubt about Rhule is slowly but surely decreasing. 

Shedeur is a lot better QB than I thought he would be, and he's been the main reason CU won games early in the season.  It's also obvious that TCU was overrated, CU got way too much credit for beating CSU in OT (while 3 TD favorites), and the "close game against USC" was also overblown.

Players will want to come play for Deion wherever he is coach,  but what is he doing to actually build a program?  I know recruiting is the lifeblood of a program, but what else is Deion doing?  I think the big unknown with Deion is what is he doing to do once his kids leave college football?  Shedeur may come back for another season because he's making more than $3 million in NIL opportunities, and he should have a better o-line next season.  However, what is Deion going to do after the 2024 season?

It was worth the risk for CU to bring in Deion and give the program and school a shot in the arm.  That also worked for the first month of the season.  But, as I have said in the "First Year Progress" thread, it takes more than one month or one season to build a successful program.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, teachercd said:

That is his thing I think.  I think they did that vs CSU too, they want the ball first in OT because "they are not scared"

2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Well, it’s a dumb coaching decision. 

Ain’t hard to find….dumb coaching.

Or

We (letting them) coming (back).

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Shedeur is a lot better QB than I thought he would be, and he's been the main reason CU won games early in the season.  It's also obvious that TCU was overrated, CU got way too much credit for beating CSU in OT (while 3 TD favorites), and the "close game against USC" was also overblown.

Players will want to come play for Deion wherever he is coach,  but what is he doing to actually build a program?  I know recruiting is the lifeblood of a program, but what else is Deion doing?  I think the big unknown with Deion is what is he doing to do once his kids leave college football?  Shedeur may come back for another season because he's making more than $3 million in NIL opportunities, and he should have a better o-line next season.  However, what is Deion going to do after the 2024 season?

It was worth the risk for CU to bring in Deion and give the program and school a shot in the arm.  That also worked for the first month of the season.  But, as I have said in the "First Year Progress" thread, it takes more than one month or one season to build a successful program.

Good players cant always win you games, just look at Texas A&M after their recruiting classes, they are still bad. Development, coaching and culture matter. CO doesnt have a good culture and I dont know if Sanders ever will be able to build a great culture. Its all about him and it always will be. He lets his players run that program. His practices are a clown session. Only a few players shook Stanfords hands after the game yesterday, Rhule made sure he addressed this earlier in the season when we lost. We win as champions and we lose as champions. I dont know if this is accurate, but people were saying Shadeur was selling his merch at halftime last night. Its a clown show in CO and anywhere he goes it will be a clown show.

You cant build a program through the transfer portal. And Sanders has already says he wants 20% high school and 80% transfer to build his program. Maybe Ill be wrong, but I dont think thats a great plan. We will see. 

• Plus1 1

I started watching the game with about 5 mins left at half time and I decided Stanford still had a chance so I watched the whole thing. Good times. It is fun watching them lose. The most annoying thing about Sanders and Colorado is he/they won’t shut up about how people doubt them, meanwhile they are getting nonstop coverage from ESPN and hype from band wagon fans. They had way too many people believing in them, and a lot of them dumb people who didn’t even have a connection to Colorado. Those will probably all be gone right about now and will probably never wear their Colorado Prime merch again. 

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I started watching the game with about 5 mins left at half time and I decided Stanford still had a chance so I watched the whole thing. Good times. It is fun watching them lose. The most annoying thing about Sanders and Colorado is he/they won’t shut up about how people doubt them, meanwhile they are getting nonstop coverage from ESPN and hype from band wagon fans. They had way too many people believing in them, and a lot of them dumb people who didn’t even have a connection to Colorado. Those will probably all be gone right about now and will probably never wear their Colorado Prime merch again. 

My son and I went to the NU-CU game in Boulder in September.  The guy behind me said he played college football at Iowa, and wasn't a Colorado fan, he was just there because he liked Deion.

During the CU-USC game a couple of weeks ago, I was out at a mall 15 minutes from the CU-Boulder campus.  I was sitting in the hallway, and a lady asked his son "When does Coach Prime play today?"  It wasn't "When does CU play today?"  she was asking only about "Coach Prime".  The game happened to have been going on at that time and I gladly responded to her "It's going on right now, and they are down 14-0."

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

My son and I went to the NU-CU game in Boulder in September.  The guy behind me said he played college football at Iowa, and wasn't a Colorado fan, he was just there because he liked Deion.

Ha. Years ago I bought CU season tickets just to get the NU game. I was bored one weekend when CU was playing Stanford so we went over (in our red Husker gear) and cheered for Stanford. The other tickets went to waste.

• Plus1 1