Prime Time!!! - Deion Sanders Hired as Colorado Head Coach

Shiggity

35 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Players will want to come play for Deion wherever he is coach,  but what is he doing to actually build a program?  I know recruiting is the lifeblood of a program, but what else is Deion doing?  I think the big unknown with Deion is what is he doing to do once his kids leave college football?

Deion will probably be able to play in the portal, but Colorado currently sits 68th is HS recruiting with 9 commits.  He is going to have to clean up remaining uncommitted kids plus get a couple flips to have a respectable class.

Also their biggest need is OL, which (as we know) are mighty hard to come by in the portal.  Skill position kids seem to be all over the portal, but there is strong competition for the good OL/DL guys, and most of them end up at the big name schools.  And the portal is going to become a bit more difficult for everyone since the NCAA isn't allowing 2nd transfers for free anymore.  You are going to see less enter as well as less leave as no one wants to sit out a year (which could also clog your roster). 

On his kids, hasn't he coached Shedeur at every level since peewee football?  I think both him and Shilo have 1 year left.  If they stay, Deion stays.  If they go, I can see him rolling off into the sunset.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

On his kids, hasn't he coached Shedeur at every level since peewee football?  OI think both him and Shilo have 1 year left.  If they stay, Deion stays.  If they go, I can see him rolling off into the sunset.

Yes!!!  That's why I called Deion the "Ultimate Dad Coach".  His coaching career would suggest that he's only interested in coaching his kids.  I wonder if part of wanting to coach Shedeur and Shilo is because Deion, Jr. had a mediocre college football career.  Now Deion, Jr. didn't have the size to be a big time college football player, but Deion made sure he could have his thumb over Shedeur and Shilo.

• Plus1 2

I think it was important that Colorado lost because Shadeur threw a panicky interception. Although they might have lost, anyway. Not sure Deion would properly lick his wounds if a non-Sanders had a similar screw up. 

I honestly don't have a dog in the Deion debate and still think it's a good story, but when the TV started cutting away to Colorado fans looking anxious in the fourth quarter, I realized how much happier I would be if the Buffs totally s#!t the bed. 

• TBH 2
3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Awesome. 

Mark Jones & Louis Reddick :facepalm::facepalm:

The TV broadcast booth was horrible.  They same announcers did the CSU vs Colorado game too.  Pro Prime & Colorado all the way for them.

"So the DJ can't spin .."  Mark Jones

"I guess not.."  Louis Reddick

• TBH 1

6 minutes ago, admo said:

Mark Jones & Louis Reddick :facepalm::facepalm:

The TV broadcast booth was horrible.  They same announcers did the CSU vs Colorado game too.  Pro Prime & Colorado all the way for them.

"So the DJ can't spin .."  Mark Jones

"I guess not.."  Louis Reddick

Mark Jones was better with Robert Griffin III because they could both do the hip hop references and totally be bits in the booth. Those 2 actually grew on me as a duo. Now Jones and Griffin are with partners who don’t mesh. 

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Mark Jones was better with Robert Griffin III because they could both do the hip hop references and totally be bits in the booth. Those 2 actually grew on me as a duo. Now Jones and Griffin are with partners who don’t mesh. 

I like Griffin too.  

Me, personally I don't pay attention much to the announcers.  However, as someone who didn't care if CU wins or loses, I just felt bad for the fans of Stanford/CSU/Arizona State watching the game and listening to Jones & Reddick root for CU.  And the TV shots of everything CU and Prime.  That's the only thing that I feel bad about when 2 teams and 2 fan bases are tuning into the game.  Other than that, I'm good.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Ha. Years ago I bought CU season tickets just to get the NU game. I was bored one weekend when CU was playing Stanford so we went over (in our red Husker gear) and cheered for Stanford. The other tickets went to waste.

I’m a CU grad. Used to go to their games in the early 2000s. Brought my kids when they were young cause the tickets were cheap. 

I’ve been to 2 CU-NU games in Boulder. 2001 and 2019.  After my 2019 observations, I have a tough time wishing anything good for that fan base. 

• TBH 1
2 hours ago, admo said:

I like Griffin too.  

Me, personally I don't pay attention much to the announcers.  However, as someone who didn't care if CU wins or loses, I just felt bad for the fans of Stanford/CSU/Arizona State watching the game and listening to Jones & Reddick root for CU.  And the TV shots of everything CU and Prime.  That's the only thing that I feel bad about when 2 teams and 2 fan bases are tuning into the game.  Other than that, I'm good.

I thought they seemed pretty excited when Stanford started making a game of it. 

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I thought they seemed pretty excited when Stanford started making a game of it. 

Yeah, but it wasn't until the 2nd half, CU was up 29, and what else could they do at that point to bring some excitement into the fold, after people were turning the game off.  The first half, not so much.