When does Nebraska name a permanent head coach?

31 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

The fans have alot to do with the program with the support they show. If a coach is coaching at another school I understand the wait but if they aren't the fans need hope to understand the program is trying to become better. The fans don't or haven't seen improvement since who knows when. Would I say waiting a week really matters? No but what if they wait longer or say at the end of the season we like to hire MJ then what? It is a possibilty bc of how the players think its unfair to him to be a coach with the coaches he never put in place. How do you feel if that were to happen? Any hope from that possiblity that the University is getting any better? I know your not being a d!(k your stating how you feel I understand no hard feelings. Total respect!!! Im just looking towards something positive to move forward from this bad season.

Wow, that's a lot of questions in a row.  I don't think Mickey was a serious candidate to be the full-time coach, unless he was able to win a lot more games than he has during his time as an interim. 

I know it's tough for the players to go through this, but honestly it's their poor play that has put them in this situation.  Whether you want to blame Frost, Chinander, Duval, or any of the other coaches who have been here the past 5 years, bottom line is that this year, the players haven't played well enough to win games.  Honestly, the players haven't played well enough to have any say who gets to be the next head coach.  I have said this, that I think Trev is actually looking out for the current players by not naming a new coach yet.  I know this season has sucked and it may seem like these last 2 games haven't mattered, but the games still need to be played and they are competitions.

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

If NU has eyes on Rhule, the biggest snag in that would be Auburn hiring Franklin and then Rhule taking the Penn State job.  I think Auburn throws everything they can at Kiffin or Franklin.

My point exactly.....Auburn is the job at the top of the food chain currently.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Wow, that's a lot of questions in a row.  I don't think Mickey was a serious candidate to be the full-time coach, unless he was able to win a lot more games than he has during his time as an interim. 

I know it's tough for the players to go through this, but honestly it's their poor play that has put them in this situation.  Whether you want to blame Frost, Chinander, Duval, or any of the other coaches who have been here the past 5 years, bottom line is that this year, the players haven't played well enough to win games.  Honestly, the players haven't played well enough to have any say who gets to be the next head coach.  I have said this, that I think Trev is actually looking out for the current players by not naming a new coach yet.  I know this season has sucked and it may seem like these last 2 games haven't mattered, but the games still need to be played and they are competitions.

Yes the players havent performed and you can put some of the blame on them but I look to the coaches bc they haven't put the players in the best position to succeed. If your o-line is bad and can't hold blocks be smart enough to change something instead of doing the same thing over and over again. The players look for the coaches to develop them and here at Nebraska that hasn't happened bc he haven't had great developers.

3 minutes ago, TheSker said:

My point exactly.....Auburn is the job at the top of the food chain currently.

I think its more complicated than that. There are coaches that would rather go there and coaches that would rather come here. It's about Rhule having Penn State highest in that scenario, not about him wanting Auburn more. Coaches it seems can win at a lot of places now so I think they can pick based on personal preference more 

2 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Yes the players havent performed and you can put some of the blame on them but I look to the coaches bc they haven't put the players in the best position to succeed. If your o-line is bad and can't hold blocks be smart enough to change something instead of doing the same thing over and over again. The players look for the coaches to develop them and here at Nebraska that hasn't happened bc he haven't had great developers.

Fair enough, but what does any of that have to do with when the next head coach is named.  You are now bringing in different reasons for why you think the head coach should be named ASAP.

Just now, TheSker said:

If you count Mickey Joseph, one to two coaches prefer Nebraska.  The rest would prefer Auburn.

You may prefer Auburn but realize who you have to go through to be the top dog Alabama and other SEC teams. Auburn may have the recruiting advantage but that doesn't necessarily make it the best job. Like I said its your own preference on how you look at it.

29 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

I think its more complicated than that. There are coaches that would rather go there and coaches that would rather come here. It's about Rhule having Penn State highest in that scenario, not about him wanting Auburn more. Coaches it seems can win at a lot of places now so I think they can pick based on personal preference more 

I'd rather throw money at Aranda.