*** Matt Rhule Hired as New Husker Head Coach ***

Mavric

12 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Wow.  Absolutely LOVE the answer from Rhule when he was asked about offensive Identity.

"We have an offensive identity.  We want to run the ball.  I would not confuse 'identity' with 'always having success'."

SOOOOO many people don't get that.

I also think that fans want NU to stick with running the ball despite the success of running the ball or the strength of the opponent. Some fans think passing the ball at all, isn’t sticking with a “run the ball” identity. Although NU did break a big TD run in the 4th quarter against Michigan’s backups.

• Plus1 2

Rhule is the 33rd highest paid coach this year at $5.5M (public schools only, so doesn't include USC, ND, etc).  He is 9th in the B1G.  (Yes, I know his salary grades up over 8 years.)

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/football/coach

Amazing how these contracts have exploded the last decade.  The top 10 all make $9M or more.

Also, Rhule has the 6th highest buyout this year at $62M.

20 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Rhule is the 33rd highest paid coach this year at $5.5M (public schools only, so doesn't include USC, ND, etc).  He is 9th in the B1G.  (Yes, I know his salary grades up over 8 years.)

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/football/coach

Amazing how these contracts have exploded the last decade.  The top 10 all make $9M or more.

Also, Rhule has the 6th highest buyout this year at $62M.

I believe Rhule would be in the Top 10 if his Carolina money was included.  That's why his salary increases so dramatically in the out years - because the Carolina money disappears.

• TBH 4
  • 2 weeks later...

If you get chance, watch the “Untold: Gators” on Netflix or whatever it’s called. Urban Meyer 2005-2010 Florida. 

See the difference between a super successful and insane coach, and what we might be building here. A lot of the same verbiage but in a way that is sustainable instead of collapsible. 

just found it interesting after watching the docu and hearing this speech, on this thread. One is detrimental and one is uplifting. 

great Netflix show about those gator teams tho…I kept thinking: where is the national press docu on the 93-97 Cornhuskers? 

anyway, watch that series and compare. 

14 minutes ago, I am I said:

just found it interesting after watching the docu and hearing this speech, on this thread. One is detrimental and one is uplifting. 

great Netflix show about those gator teams tho…I kept thinking: where is the national press docu on the 93-97 Cornhuskers? 

anyway, watch that series and compare. 

ESPN tried doing a 30 for 30 on the 90's nebraska teams but more or less shelved it after too many folks refused to cooperate with it (ie, tell truths that osborne and co. would rather not have be told)

And the netflix florida doc is entertaining if you're a college football nut but it's little more than an urban meyer PR fluff piece that conveniently glosses over every single ugly element of that tenure.

• Plus1 1

On 10/13/2023 at 12:02 AM, Lorewarn said:

ESPN tried doing a 30 for 30 on the 90's nebraska teams but more or less shelved it after too many folks refused to cooperate with it (ie, tell truths that osborne and co. would rather not have be told)

And the netflix florida doc is entertaining if you're a college football nut but it's little more than an urban meyer PR fluff piece that conveniently glosses over every single ugly element of that tenure.

You are exactly right about the Florida “doc” on Urban Meyer and Florida. It’s not even a documentary, when it’s produced to be a puff piece PR show about Meyer. These Netflix shows call themselves documentaries, but they are far from it. Real documentaries are done by filmmakers with no connection to the subject, and show both sides of a story.

On 10/14/2023 at 4:37 AM, ColoradoHusk said:

You are exactly right about the Florida “doc” on Urban Meyer and Florida. It’s not even a documentary, when it’s produced to be a puff piece PR show about Meyer. These Netflix shows call themselves documentaries, but they are far from it. Real documentaries are done by filmmakers with no connection to the subject, and show both sides of a story.

Some people harp on ESPN, but they know how to make a real documentary. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Mavric unpinned this topic