Your 2023 Nebraska Cornhuskers

7 minutes ago, BaytownHusker said:

This is for 2024 but I think we are going to have some Jets at WR next year. Love the fact that the 3 Freshman Wideouts are getting their burn now. Sucks how they got it but the only way these freshman can get better is play!!! Add some of the guys coming in and a Qb that can make proper reads and sling it and poof. We could have a real good offense. I think Purdy could probably be the better fit if the Wideouts come along.

I'd kinda be surprised if Purdy is still here next year. I know up until Haarberg got the job the coaches were saying Purdy was the better thrower, and maybe next year they can evaluate QBs differently - right now we need the QB run game to have even a little bit of offense. But regardless of the factors, Haarberg passed Purdy and it'll be hard to win that back as Haarberg keeps gaining experience. 

• Plus1 1

35 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

I am glad we opened up throwing the ball against NW, one of the worst rushing D's in the country.

#whymakeitsohard

I don't have a problem with it. That first play would have been a massive gain if Haarberg hit either of the open guys, probably because NW knew they were a bad run defense and we have a decent run offense.

Second drive we only threw on 3rd and 7 (if we ran more successfully on 2nd down maybe could have run on 3rd).

3rd drive the toss to Kemp on 1st doesn't count in my mind. Then its 2nd and 13, where it makes sense to pass. Followed that up by only passing on 3rd downs the next drive.

I've not been super impressed with Satterfield overall, but at least for the 1st quarter the issues had nothing to do with playcalling or run/pass splits.

• Plus1 4

21 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Got me curious about how the offense is doing in average sacks allowed per game...

2023 so far: 2.0 sacks/game

2022: 2.75

2021: 2.42

2020: 2.0

2019: 2.33

2018: 2.33

2017: 2.0

2.0 sacks per game is only good enough to be #66 in the country in that stat, but at least it's at the good end of a pretty bad range...

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
4 minutes ago, Toe said:

Got me curious about how the offense is doing in average sacks allowed per game...

2023 so far: 2.0 sacks/game

2022: 2.75

2021: 2.42

2020: 2.0

2019: 2.33

2018: 2.33

2017: 2.0

2.0 sacks per game is only good enough to be #66 in the country in that stat, but at least it's at the good end of a pretty bad range...

What surprises me is that the previous years aren't higher.