Jake Peetz Won't be Nebraska's Quarterbacks Coach

HS_Coach_C

8 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I know he has coached at Youngstown State and UNI. Has he coached anywhere else? Is he still coaching at UNI? I think that he'd be a great hire. That's one qb that Nebraska fans loved dearly here bc he fought for every yard.

Ganz’s only experience as a full-time assistant are at Youngstown and UNI. If he’s looking to grow his coaching career, he would be smart to reach out to Tim Beck, and try to get on Beck’s staff at Coastal Carolina. 

• Plus1 3
23 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Ganz’s only experience as a full-time assistant are at Youngstown and UNI. If he’s looking to grow his coaching career, he would be smart to reach out to Tim Beck, and try to get on Beck’s staff at Coastal Carolina. 

So are you saying he isn't experienced enough for your liking?  You would want someone like Joe Dailey?  More seasoned, more proven?  Im not trying to talk bad about Husker Fans but  for Joe Dailey he ran out of town once bc he had to much pressure on him to succeed from the fans. So if he does come back and is hired I hope his second time around is a better experience for him and he can handle the pressure of trying to win here.

7 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

So are you saying he isn't experienced enough for your liking?  You would want someone like Joe Dailey?  More seasoned, more proven?  Im not trying to talk bad about Husker Fans but  for Joe Dailey he ran out of town once bc he had to much pressure on him to succeed from the fans. So if he does come back and is hired I hope his second time around is a better experience for him and he can handle the pressure of trying to win here.

Dailey has way more experience coaching and at a higher level than Ganz. Nothing against Ganz, but other than his stint at NU as a GA, he’s never coached at the FBS level.

You get too worked up about feelings and stuff like that. Dailey would be fine at NU. It would be a great next step in his career, and it just so happens to be where he started his college career. Joe Dailey left NU because he wasn’t a good fit for Callahan’s offense, not because he couldn’t handle the pressure of winning at NU. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 2
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I know he has coached at Youngstown State and UNI. Has he coached anywhere else? Is he still coaching at UNI? I think that he'd be a great hire. That's one qb that Nebraska fans loved dearly here bc he fought for every yard.

Yes.  GA at NU and then coached at Youngstown State.  Currently still at NU. I still think had Joe been at NU in 2009, we easily get another National Championship.....Dude was a gamer for sure.  

To Daily, he has been around more P5 teams and is making  a name for himself.  I do not think he'd harbor any ill feelings.  Maybe would help as a coach to explain the passion of the fan base and how to ride the highs and lows.  

As mentioned a lot when regarding position coaches and even coordinators, hard to name good QB coaches or WR coaches other than teams we follow or in this case, former Huskers.

QB job is easy money.

Teach QB to keep eyes on the play clock... Help him with cadence... and calling audibles...   how to count 11 players before a snap....  and other basic reminders like.... step into the pocket, get elbow above shoulder, hips squared to receiver, throw off front foot, lead the receiver,......  And lots of encouragement plus help with playbook as needed.

As long as he does that, he's good to go. 

What we don't need is a QB coach that f#&%s with QB's head like a golf instructor can do.  Or tells them they must read Immanuel Kent and Bill Walsh on weeknights.

In other words, I am not worried here.

1 hour ago, admo said:

QB job is easy money.

Teach QB to keep eyes on the play clock... Help him with cadence... and calling audibles...   how to count 11 players before a snap....  and other basic reminders like.... step into the pocket, get elbow above shoulder, hips squared to receiver, throw off front foot, lead the receiver,......  And lots of encouragement plus help with playbook as needed.

What we don't need is a QB coach that f#&%s with QB's head like a golf instructor can do.  Or tells them they must read Immanuel Kent and Bill Walsh on weeknights.

No not worried but definitely helps if he has a established name to develop qb's.

1 hour ago, admo said:

QB job is easy money.

You should reach out to Rhule

9 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Please give me 2 names of current QB coaches that you consider an “established name”. 

Like Steve Calhoun or maybe Mark Whipple. There's plenty. Even if you don't like the names I gave you there are plenty more where their track record shows they can develop qb's and put them into the league. Not saying Jake Peetz by any means would have been a bad hire bc I actually would have looked at his experience and who he learned under but it would have still been a tough sell for certain qb's that have doubt.

4 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Like Steve Calhoun or maybe Mark Whipple. There's plenty. Even if you don't like the names I gave you there are plenty more where their track record shows they can develop qb's and put them into the league. Not saying Jake Peetz by any means would have been a bad hire bc I actually would have looked at his experience and who he learned under but it would have still been a tough sell for certain qb's that have doubt.

I am just asking for names of guys you think are “established names” who you think NU should consider. It’s a serious question, because I have no clue of one.