Arrival/Departure List 2022-23

13 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

Do suspensions carry over from a school?  Or just the NCAA?

It wasn't an official NCAA suspension, just a "team rules/expectations" thing so I don't think it will carry over. If it's related to the DUI from November, the Syracuse coaches may figure out additional some discipline but I think he took care of that in the Spring. Thinking it'll be a clean slate, there's no reason a school would need to honor a suspension/punishment handed done by the previous school.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
40 minutes ago, DGNU said:

Not an arrival but... with Sanford (and 1 more) going on schollie, 89 guys right? Must be a few names going off... (guessing other Alex Bullock, maybe?)

They are at 85. Farmer & Betts departing. Highly unlikely Arik Gilbert will be eligible. 

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1

31 minutes ago, DGNU said:

Is Gilbert never going to play a down? I believe you both, but yeah- my #s match these here so... hard to speculate (for me) who amongst these guys is gone.

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/nebraska-football-2023-scholarship-distribution

They are at 85 somehow. They are not going to say publicly who is on some kind of grayshirt type deal. Or NIL. But -3 with no Betts, farmer, & Arik.

Gilbert is gone if he doesn’t get that waiver 

• Fire 1
  • TBH 1
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

What a waste. Stay some place and fight for playing time if you think you have the talent. 

He will more than likely be drafted. Given his current situation, mental health issues, & the risk of injury he more than likely will and should take it. I think this could be a legit benefit for him. 

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, Decked said:

He will more than likely be drafted. Given his current situation, mental health issues, & the risk of injury he more than likely will and should take it. I think this could be a legit benefit for him. 

I think the biggest benefit for him is to stay in school and compete for a starting spot next year if he gets denied and improve his draft stock.  Yes he may get drafted but NFL teams will want to see consistency out of him.  He has the talent to put it all together but not much success to show for it on a consistent basis.  Also with what he has been through NFL teams might question his character and mental state and if can actually handle being in the NFL.

1 hour ago, Decked said:

How in the heck is he going to get drafted?  This is his third school, right?  Was he ever a starter at the previous two?  If he doesn’t play here, how is he drafted?

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

That’s a pretty big risk. 

NFL teams risk a lot to draft players they think are going to help their team win.  If he were to get drafted in the 6th round then I don't think it's as big of a risk then if you drafted him in 3rd or 4th.  Look at Trey Palmer a lot of teams passed on him and it looks like he will actually have a role with the offense.  Yes Trey Palmer did more in college then Gilbert but there are teams that might look at Gilbert and think well if we do draft him in the 6th round and he doesn't pan out its not like we put all our eggs into the basket just to get him.  Also another name that you could use as a example is Rico Gathers.  He played basketball at Baylor and never played football there and he got drafted in the 6th round by the Dallas Cowboys.

• Mavric unpinned this topic