Michigan and Harbaugh under NCAA investigation

Toe

If true, we have a bunch of hypocritical coaches in the league, but I am still skeptical of the reporting on this topic. 

https://apnews.com/article/michigan-sign-stealing-452b6a83bb0d0a3707f633af72fe92ac

"A former employee at a Big Ten football program said Monday it was his job to steal signs and he was given details from multiple league schools to compile a spreadsheet of play-calling signals used by Michigan last year.

The employee said he recently shared the documents, which showed the Wolverines’ signs and corresponding plays — as well as screenshots of text-message exchanges with staffers at other Big Ten schools — with Michigan. He spoke with The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because he feared the disclosures could impact his coaching career.

The spreadsheet was compiled with details from a handful of coaches and programs across the Big Ten, the person said. He also said gave the details to Michigan last week because he hoped it would help Jim Harbaugh’s embattled program and he believes Harbaugh and his coaches are being unfairly blamed for the actions of a rogue staffer.

The alleged actions by conference schools potentially violate the Big Ten’s sportsmanship policy, which could lead to punishment by the commissioner’s office."

• Plus1 1

I know these guys love to talk about integrity and doing things "the right way" but man, it is amazing to see the corners they cut, the s#!t they do that is "wrong", the cheating.

These guys are rich and even the asst coaches make more money in one year than most people make in 10 years.  And they are all liars and cheats. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
9 hours ago, Savage Husker said:

If Michigan went to the lengths that has been reported and owned up to, what makes people believe some anonymous source stating their truth to defend Harbaugh when they could be calling out specific schools who have also contrived this sign stealing.

Sounds like a red herring by a Michigan supporter.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CzVS6CYgj0k/

AP and SI now reporting the collusion....but, stealing signs is legal. So it boils down to how they did it. Not sure if sharing stolen signs is legal. It probably is.

Michigan got caught doing something wrong.  They claim others are doing things wrong.  Michigan should be punished for what they did.  If others did something they shouldn't, then they should be punished too.  This gets directly to the integrity of the game.  When two teams take the field, fans should be able to believe it's a fair game and everyone is playing by the rules and the game is decided by one team actually playing better than the other team.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
22 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Michigan is scared.  Leaking to the media that they will go to court and that other schools are conspiring against us.

I would love for this to go to court, because discovery would be fun (and I am guessing not something Michigan would welcome).

They want to go to court because it will allow them to release everything they gave to the NCAA in public.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Red Five said:

Yup, sure.  Because Michigan is completely innocent here.  Stallions was just a rogue actor and no one of the staff knew who he was or what he was doing.

I should also say that if the BigTen follows their guidelines and allows Michigan their response time, then Michigan would probably not have anything to go to court with. I believe the court threat is punishment without due process.

Edit: punishment for sure, but I think what actually  happened is important. If what you say above is true would the punishment be different than if everyone knew? I don't know. Stealing signs isn't the illegal part. Scouting future opponents in the same season with staff or paid scouts is. 

• Haha 1