NFL 2023

Mavric

How about those Broncos? The streak continues!

I imagine that McDermott is on the hot seat in Buffalo. Losing that game yesterday was just brutal. I know my son would sure like him gone. One of the Buffalo "insiders" that he follows posted a cryptic tweet with Harbaugh in it. That would be interesting. 

20 hours ago, Mavric said:

I'm trying not to get my hopes up.  Because the turn-around just seems ..... crazy.  

How did the defense go from dead freaking last to pretty respectable in a couple of weeks?

I completely agree. I was leading the charge to fire VJ after the Miami game, but this turnaround has been crazy. I heard a stat that said something like the defense has given up fewer touchdowns in their last 5 or 6 games than they did in the Miami game alone.

On 10/9/2023 at 9:44 PM, Madcows said:

I don't know, right now i think Niners are head and shoulders best team in the NFL. Eagles haven't been able to put together a complete game. Niners will maul them. Barring injuries, Niners could make the dolphins keep the champagne on ice all year.

Outside of a few bad weeks, Niners are living up to my expectations. Clearly the best team in the NFC.

• TBH 1

I said that exact same thing yesterday, I can't believe those are the WRs that this team put together. Now, as a Broncos fan (and my son is a Bills fan), I thoroughly enjoyed watching them lose yesterday. I just don't think they are that good this season (compared to how amazing they've been), and I think you have to look at the WR group first and foremost.

I also kind of like Mahomes, but that garbage he pulled yesterday was absolutely ridiculous. I get the passion, but dude lost his damn mind. Then, after having some time to cool off, he ranted about the call in the postgame presser. A call by the way that was 100% correct. He should be yelling at Toney, that dude is a clown. 

• TBH 1
33 minutes ago, AZRaiderH8r said:

I said that exact same thing yesterday, I can't believe those are the WRs that this team put together. Now, as a Broncos fan (and my son is a Bills fan), I thoroughly enjoyed watching them lose yesterday. I just don't think they are that good this season (compared to how amazing they've been), and I think you have to look at the WR group first and foremost.

I also kind of like Mahomes, but that garbage he pulled yesterday was absolutely ridiculous. I get the passion, but dude lost his damn mind. Then, after having some time to cool off, he ranted about the call in the postgame presser. A call by the way that was 100% correct. He should be yelling at Toney, that dude is a clown. 

100%; Toney has had one impact moment (and granted, it helped us win a Super Bowl), but he's been clownshoes since then. And I couldn't tell who Pat was yelling at at the end: it might have been the ref, but it also looked like it could have been Nagy. 

Fun stat: in KC's 5 losses, 4 of them have come with a blown play by a WR on a go-ahead TD in the 4th quarter. 

• Plus1 1