NFL 2023

Mavric

Dan Campbell a big part to blame for losing.  Had a couple field goal opportunities for the taking.  But he was too dumb to visualize ahead of the game that points can change the scoreboard, instead of going for 4th down over and over.   Campbell gave up 6 points (2 FGs).  That's on him. And his team would have the right to be pissed at him if he is the leader.  

But also, Some Lions players dropped passes.  Their brilliant OC was a dumbass and got away from the running game with a 3 score lead.  How brilliant and dumb can you be?

They also had some penalties.  They had plays that could have been made, but failed. 

And when trailing 24-7 with the 2nd half to play, it's pretty amazing the 49ers played so clean that they never got called for holding.  Never, not even once.  Even when Purdy was in the pocket, and moving slowly and scrambling for yards. 

No penalties for pick plays, or even defensive holding/PI. 

Super clean.  Like a super bowl invite.

The 49ers must have played the ultimate "no penalty on us" 2nd half game ever in a situation that decides who goes to the Super Bowl or not.  

Congrats 49ers

As for Dan Cambell, someone in Detroit needs to have the guts to punch him in the nuts, so hard that he pukes and recognizes a Field goal here, a field goal there, adds points to the scoreboard and helps your team more than going for it on 4th down in field goal territory over and over and over.  3 points is better than No points.  6 points from 2 field golas is also better than no points.  He better learn a lesson because you can't be the head of a Lion and just go for it and disregard the consequences.  And when you fail, don't give your team and fan base your excuse or your reason the following... "We are playing to win".   

You cannot lead the way with that point-blank stupidity.  And definitely not with this much talent on your team, that played so hard all year, and with so much riding on a game.

Go bite a kneecap and eat an apple under a tree this off season.  Find some shade.  Read a book.  Learn and grow from those stupid mistakes you made today in teh NFC championship game.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Is Romo unpopular as an announcer? I was just reading a couple paragraphs on Wikipedia. I like him way better than Collinsworth but I'm biased against him.

Possibly to some, or a huge portion of people.

Romo is often correct a lot.  That turns a group of people off.

Romo's football IQ is higher than most people.  That turns another group of people off.

As a former Dallas Cowboys QB, that will always turn a large group of people off.  Including people from New York & New Jersey, Philly, Pittsburgh, the DC area and Baltimore.  

Tony played for Dallas, and the Cowboys are in Texas.  Anything to do with Texas will always turn another group of people off.  

So any unpopularity can come from reasons mentioned above, and are formed and predetermined based on dislike and predisposition.  

When you can remove all of that, it then comes down to matter of taste.  You either like him for what he brings as an analyst, or you don't.  

I think he does a great job.  And CBS thinks so too, by giving him that big fat contract to keep him from going elsewhere.  The biggest contract ever.  

12 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Is Romo unpopular as an announcer? I was just reading a couple paragraphs on Wikipedia. I like him way better than Collinsworth but I'm biased against him.

:dunno I like listening to Romo. And Collinworth also gets on my nerves. I’d have trouble naming someone who does better than Romo (and I’m a lifelong Cowboys hater).

7 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

:dunno I like listening to Romo. And Collinworth also gets on my nerves. I’d have trouble naming someone who does better than Romo (and I’m a lifelong Cowboys hater).

I really agree with this.  I have never understood the hate.  A little Hyperbolic at times, yes.  But over all he is pretty good.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

We're going to be in New York for the Super Bowl, so we were figuring out where to make plans. Now, based on the results, I think we're honestly just not that interested in watching the game. We have a family of Giants, Bills, and Broncos fans on this trip. I am just so tired of the Chiefs, the crap with Mahomes and Kelce yesterday, the T-Swizzle coverage, etc. I hate to say it, but we may actually give the game a miss this year, or at the very least just be casual observers. Seems weird, I know, but that's kind of the sense we have. 

• Haha 3
  • TBH 1

17 minutes ago, AZRaiderH8r said:

We're going to be in New York for the Super Bowl, so we were figuring out where to make plans. Now, based on the results, I think we're honestly just not that interested in watching the game. We have a family of Giants, Bills, and Broncos fans on this trip. I am just so tired of the Chiefs, the crap with Mahomes and Kelce yesterday, the T-Swizzle coverage, etc. I hate to say it, but we may actually give the game a miss this year, or at the very least just be casual observers. Seems weird, I know, but that's kind of the sense we have. 

Surely the 49ers can knock off the Chiefs, right?  RIGHT?!???!?

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1
42 minutes ago, AZRaiderH8r said:

I’ll watch it but only because I’m a degenerate gambler and I’ll put some money on it one way or the other. But I really have no desire to see this matchup either.

• Plus1 2