The Official "What Are You Playing Now?" Thread

On 2/23/2018 at 8:51 AM, Cdog923 said:

Have you played Stardew Valley? 

Not yet

On 2/23/2018 at 9:40 AM, VectorVictor said:

Just wait until you get your first portal and explore the Underworld like a bada**. Or figure out potions so you can go scope out the underwater temple and take on the boss down there. 

Or stroll in with your head up your ass I like did and get blown away by Ghasts in mere seconds. :D

Is obsidian findable or do you have to make it?

Edited by Moiraine

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

Not yet

Is obsidian findable or do you have to make it?

Both. It occurs naturally when a lava source block comes in contact with a water source block (read: a water/lava block that is a full block and isn’t slanted or shows water/lava running one way or another. 

So so you can go deep into a dungeon and run into it, or you can farm lava and water and make it on your own. Or if you find lava, divert a water source into it for a great source of cobblestone and obsidian.

And for some reason I’m always able to find obsidian...but never any f*****g diamonds to craft pick axes with. :facepalm: :lol:

Edited by VectorVictor
17 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Both. It occurs naturally when a lava source block comes in contact with a water source block (read: a water/lava block that is a full block and isn’t slanted or shows water/lava running one way or another. 

So so you can go deep into a dungeon and run into it, or you can farm lava and water and make it on your own. Or if you find lava, divert a water source into it for a great source of cobblestone and obsidian.

And for some reason I’m always able to find obsidian...but never any f*****g diamonds to craft pick axes with. :facepalm: :lol:

Made it for the first time just now, and ya, I haven't found any diamonds yet. I've been digging at the level the internet told me to. Found some redstone though.

Edited by Moiraine

On 2/24/2018 at 1:44 PM, VectorVictor said:

Woo I found diamonds! Made a portal. Day later a pig zombie came into my base and killed me.

21 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Woo I found diamonds! Made a portal. Day later a pig zombie came into my base and killed me.

Base in the netherworld or the “regular” world? The latter can always happen if a pig is struck by lightning (small chance, but I’ve seen it happen a few times). And the former...well, I tend not to stay any longer than necessary in the Netherworld 

1 minute ago, VectorVictor said:

Base in the netherworld or the “regular” world? The latter can always happen if a pig is struck by lightning (small chance, but I’ve seen it happen a few times). And the former...well, I tend not to stay any longer than necessary in the Netherworld 

Latter.  It was completely indoors.  I built a room around the portal after that.

On 2/23/2018 at 11:26 PM, Cdog923 said:

Starting my 10th or so run of Mass Effect 3. 

Love that game. I come back to it every couple of years for a complete play through (usually, I like to start with ME2 though so I can have complete control over ME3's story lines). They released these 'comic book prequels' a couple of years ago that let you make key decisions from the early games and carry them into ME3 but it doesn't get 100% of everything.

Also, have you done the Leviathan and Citadel DLC's for ME3? Those are incredibly fun.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Enhance said:

Love that game. I come back to it every couple of years for a complete play through (usually, I like to start with ME2 though so I can have complete control over ME3's story lines). They released these 'comic book prequels' a couple of years ago that let you make key decisions from the early games and carry them into ME3 but it doesn't get 100% of everything.

Also, have you done the Leviathan and Citadel DLC's for ME3? Those are incredibly fun.

The Citadel DLC is one of my favorite parts of any game, bar none; I'm in the middle of playing it right now. The tone it strikes (particularly after the cluster-F that the original ending was), is an immaculate way to end a series that I fell in love with. I go back and forth whether its better than Lair of the Shadow Broker for ME2. 

4 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I'm in my 30s and I just spent about 30 minutes trying to get an Enderman out of my Minecraft base.

And? I'm in my 30s and just spent about an hour trying to kill a Guardian with an Oar in Zelda: Breath of the Wild. 

21 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I'm in my 30s and I just spent about 30 minutes trying to get an Enderman out of my Minecraft base.

16 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

And? I'm in my 30s and just spent about an hour trying to kill a Guardian with an Oar in Zelda: Breath of the Wild. 

15 hours ago, RedDenver said:

I'm in my 40's and just spend 30 minutes trying to remember what I was supposed to be doing in LoZ:BotW.

I'm in my 40s and I fell asleep while my character kept running around in circles/into a wall in Monster Hunter World. 

They really need to adopt a 32 hour work week. 

Edited by VectorVictor
  • Plus1 1
1 hour ago, VectorVictor said:

I'm in my 40s and I fell asleep while my character kept running around in circles/into a wall in Monster Hunter World. 

They really need to adopt a 32 hour work week. 

I think in office jobs, a 32 hour work week would increase the amount of work that gets done. Normal people can't concentrate for that many hours.

• Plus1 2