NUance

Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

22 hours ago, Enhance said:

My reaction to that moment:

giphy.gif

Did you watch the scenes in the middle/end of the credits and stay for the director interview at the end of the final episode?

I did, and then I had to go google what it all meant.  I didn't see the director interview though - should I go back?  Excellent show.  I read the book, but don't have any memory of it so i really enjoyed it.

14 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

I didn't see the director interview though - should I go back?

It's only a couple of minutes long but it's worth it if you have the time. They basically just talk about the mindset behind some of the decisions in the show and how hard they worked to make the viewers really feel like we earned the twist at the end.

The first episode of Mayans MC was very, very good.  I was a bit surprised at the number of F-bombs FX let them get away with.  

Couple of nods to SOA in there for good measure as well.  Overall, I think it's going to be good.  I'm not sure it's going to need as many seasons as SOA to tell the story.  Maybe 3-5.  That way they can get on with Sutter's plan of doing the 9 episode series of how the RWO's started.  And then, of course, the Abel and Thomas series.

• Plus1 1

Iron Fist season 2 is much, much, much better than Season 1. I'm 6 episodes in, and it's been great. Danny Rand has become a much better character through The Defenders and his one appearance in Luke Cage s2, and IF s2 benefits greatly from a new showrunner and one of the best fight choreographers working in the business. Also, it's only 10 episodes, so there's less padding than a typical Marvel Netflix show.

• Plus1 1

Idk if this will be any good, but part of it was filmed in Nebraska and my BIL was an extra:

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 9:47 PM, teachercd said:

I did Breaking Bad in 10 days (I think)...Maybe it was 13...it was over the summer.  I liked it but it got a little stupid.

There's six season!!!. 

Wheel of Time pilot *might* get made and this is the main screenwriter and I didn’t want to spam and I’m excited so I’m putting this here.

• Plus1 1

15 minutes ago, sho said:

anyone watch Jack Ryan on Prime?  Worth the watch?

My wife is watching it now and is a huge fan. She says it is REALLY good.

I will probably start watching it soon.

48 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

My wife is watching it now and is a huge fan. She says it is REALLY good.

I will probably start watching it soon.

I wonder it I can watch it and not think of Jim. Looks like he lifted a lot of weights at least. 

On 9/6/2018 at 8:47 PM, teachercd said:

I did Breaking Bad in 10 days (I think)...Maybe it was 13...it was over the summer.  I liked it but it got a little stupid.

Huh, I never thought it got stupid. Slightly far fetched maybe but not stupid. I’ve watched it through 3 times now and it just seems to get better. Maybe try watching it again.....a little slower this time :lol:

And I’m going to back up a little and say Better Call Saul is getting much better. Finally started into season 4 a couple days ago and it is getting really good. Prior to 4 I was starting to tire of the whole Chuck storyline but now that Mike and Gus and some of the BB characters are getting more involved I like it much better. Really looking forward to them filling in the whole timeline to the beginning of B.B. Yes, they better do that by bringing Walter and Jesse into it.

18 hours ago, GSG said:

DmrU07eUwAABijc.jpg:large

HAD A PACKAGE FROM AMAZON DELIVERED YESTERDAY IN A JACK RYAN-THEMED BOX WITH JACK RYAN-THEMED TAPE SEALING IT UP :blink:

1 hour ago, GSG said:

HAD A PACKAGE FROM AMAZON DELIVERED YESTERDAY IN A JACK RYAN-THEMED BOX WITH JACK RYAN-THEMED TAPE SEALING IT UP :blink:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/29/2018 at 12:58 PM, Enhance said:

We just finished the final episode this week - highly, highly recommend this to people.

Regarding Sharp Objects - i remember seeing it mentioned here, so i thought I'd give it a try tonight.   Not realizing that that the stupid cable company had the episodes in reverse order, i watched the last one first.  Oopsie.  ''Twas disappointing because i thought that was the beginning of it and there was a whole really interesting story to come.

Thanks to whoever mentioned Norm (Norm McDonald’s talk show). I’ve always found him kind of annoying but I saw the trailer with Drew Barrymore and it looked really good and I remembered the comment so I watched. I’m not (or wasn’t) even a huge fan of her either but it was an awesome interview. It was clear either they were friends or they’re both just really good at putting each other ar ease, or having a very small crowd is good for that, and now I think all talk shows should be this way.

Very long story short, the main reason I’m posting is they raved about Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. For some reason I always assumed I had seen it before because I have seen a lot of John Candy and Steve Martin movies, but it turns out I hadn’t. 

• Plus1 2

Finished 11.22.63 last night.... It was pretty good, but it felt rushed at the end. They could of easily stretched that story line over 2 seasons.

On 9/12/2018 at 7:30 PM, teachercd said:

It was over the summer...I had nothing to do and would watch all day.  

Ah, the life of a teacher!

Finished Castle Rock on Hulu last night.   If you like Stephen King movies/books, you'll love this show.  Great pacing, good story and a nice ending to set up season 2.

On 9/13/2018 at 5:59 PM, JJ Husker said:
Spoiler

Huh, I never thought it got stupid. Slightly far fetched maybe but not stupid. I’ve watched it through 3 times now and it just seems to get better. Maybe try watching it again.....a little slower this time :lol:

And I’m going to back up a little and say Better Call Saul is getting much better. Finally started into season 4 a couple days ago and it is getting really good. Prior to 4 I was starting to tire of the whole Chuck storyline but now that Mike and Gus and some of the BB characters are getting more involved I like it much better. Really looking forward to them filling in the whole timeline to the beginning of B.B. Yes, they better do that by bringing Walter and Jesse into it.

Spoiler

It'll be interesting to see how much longer they can keep BCS going.  The Germans said it'll take about a year to build the vault yet we don't know how long Gus would leave the lab just sitting there unused...it could be for a while as Gus seems to be the type of guy to wait until the perfect moment to strike (his cat story illustrates that).  Still, with some overlap starting to emerge with BB and BCS, I feel like we have maybe one more season to go after this.  Heckuva run for what is essentially a prequel.

I can't remember the last time I laughed to the point of crying while watching a show, but Paradise PD on Netflix got me.  Only watched the first 2 episodes so far

41 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I can't remember the last time I laughed to the point of crying while watching a show, but Paradise PD on Netflix got me.  Only watched the first 2 episodes so far

Yeah, I started that show.  It is good.

4 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

It'll be interesting to see how much longer they can keep BCS going. 

Spoiler

The Germans said it'll take about a year to build the vault yet we don't know how long Gus would leave the lab just sitting there unused...it could be for a while as Gus seems to be the type of guy to wait until the perfect moment to strike (his cat story illustrates that). 

Still, with some overlap starting to emerge with BB and BCS, I feel like we have maybe one more season to go after this.  Heckuva run for what is essentially a prequel.

Please use the Spoiler option.

On 9/15/2018 at 9:49 AM, Moiraine said:

Thanks to whoever mentioned Norm (Norm McDonald’s talk show). I’ve always found him kind of annoying but I saw the trailer with Drew Barrymore and it looked really good and I remembered the comment so I watched. I’m not (or wasn’t) even a huge fan of her either but it was an awesome interview. It was clear either they were friends or they’re both just really good at putting each other ar ease, or having a very small crowd is good for that, and now I think all talk shows should be this way.

Very long story short, the main reason I’m posting is they raved about Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. For some reason I always assumed I had seen it before because I have seen a lot of John Candy and Steve Martin movies, but it turns out I hadn’t. 

I loved it.  I was most looking forward to Letterman, Chevy Chase, and Michael Keaton, but I ended up liking the Drew Barrymore, Jane Fonda, and Judge Judy episodes the most.  Go figure.  The Judge Judy one was probably the least funny, but maybe the best interview.

Also, Planes, Trains, and Automobiles is one of the very best comedies ever by my estimation.