*** HB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

15 hours ago, MLB 51 said:

What would you do?

I dunno.  That's a pretty good sized black bear.  Whatever I did, I'd make sure I didn't piss him off too much.  

It looks like the guy is at the back patio of a cabin.  I guess he could grab his grill meat and get inside the cabin.  But I don't think it would take the bear long to crawl over that little brick wall.  :dunno

5 hours ago, NUance said:

I dunno.  That's a pretty good sized black bear.  Whatever I did, I'd make sure I didn't piss him off too much.  

It looks like the guy is at the back patio of a cabin.  I guess he could grab his grill meat and get inside the cabin.  But I don't think it would take the bear long to crawl over that little brick wall.  :dunno

My question is, why is he still trying to season that Bears steak? :lol:

• Plus1 2

In other bear news...

Man tries to take selfie with bear, gets mauled to death as friends watch

A man was mauled to death by a bear in eastern India after he tried to approach the animal to snap a photo, reports the Hindustan Times.

The Times reports a group of friends were on their way back from a wedding Wednesday when they pulled over in the Nabarangpur district of Odisha for a roadside bathroom break. That's when Prabhu Bhatara reportedly spotted an injured bear in the forest.

Forest officials say Bhatara approached the bear and tried to take a selfie with it. The bear chased and attacked the man as his friends recorded the incident on their phones from the car.

While the man's friends didn't try to get between Bhatara and the bear, a stray dog apparently did. Officials told the Times the dog attacked the bear, but didn't distract it enough to save Bhatara's life.

• Plus1 1

Olivia de Havilland Takes FX 'Feud' to California Supreme Court

MAY 04, 2018 2:05pm PT by Ashley Cullins

The actress sued last year, claiming the series Feud: Bette and Joan inaccurately portrayed her as a vulgar gossip in violation of her privacy and publicity rights. 

The network and Murphy asked the court to toss the case under California's anti-SLAPP statute, which brings an early end to frivolous lawsuits arising from protected conduct like free speech. Judge Holly Kending found that, while Feud was clearly protected speech, de Havilland demonstrated a minimal probability of prevailing on her claims and allowed the suit to proceed.  LINK

Olivia de Havilland is suing FX for defamation.  She's 101 years old.  101!!  You go girl!  lulz

Moving documentary on prisoners who break wild horses

www.boingboing.net 

The Wild Inside follows Arizona prisoners in a program where they work to break wild horses rounded up from the desert.  Since 1971, the federal government has captured over 300,000 wild horses. The program only employs 30 of the 40,000 prisoners in the Arizona State system. The film largely focuses on one of the inmates who is about to be released after six years.  LINK to boingboing article   LINK to video documentary

Pretty interesting.  The video documentary is about 14 minutes long.  :)