Matt McGloin doesn't know Husker Fans very well

knapplc

I was just looking to see if anyone ever measured the dB level in Memorial Stadium and found an article that lists it as one of the top ten "most hostile" stadiums in college football. Then I saw it was from Bleacher Reports... then I read this: "In fact, Lincoln isn't the most populated city in Nebraska, but its population swells so much on Saturdays, it becomes one of the most populated cities in Nebraska on game day." Really? you couldn't even be bothered to fact check and just repeated part of the stadium mythos that you misheard? Lincoln, the second largest city in the state, becomes one of the most populous cities in the state on game day.

Not participating in the loud/not loud argument, just wanted to share this info I found from a DB while looking for info on dB.

ETA: though google did turn up this link :)) http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/46301-pump-up-the-noise/

Memorial isnt that loud, sorry.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Show me evidence which proves your point, because you must have some. Players have said its not loud, that its loud, etc. You have none. It can get loud, but the inconsistency, even in big games, is pretty evident.

It can get loud. Hence it is loud. just not all the time. Youre statement: "is not loud" which is false.

"that" loud, you're leaving out the word that puts a bit more of a subjective spin on it. But, it's all irrelevant regardless. I should have altered my statement to say that we are not very good at being loud for an entire game.

I guess when I hear someone say that the stadium is loud, imo, consistency goes along with that.

It would be interesting to compare the pre snap penalties and timeouts with our stadium compared to the rest of the big time stadiums in the country.

Thank you. That I can agree with. But it also goes along with our intelligence as a fanbase. We as an overall crowd are also very attentive to what's going on. Let's face it, we dont just like to show up drunk off our asses and yell for the sake of yelling and not care abotu what's going on. We are situational and understanding and like to pay close attention to what's going on.

Of course, these observations of mine are generalizations and do not represent the entire crowd.

@CoryGiger

#PSU QB McGloin said it's fun going on road and winning big. Goal Saturday is to "try to eliminate that crowd as quickly as possible."

Son... that's not something you want to tell Husker fans. We don't get quiet at our house. We get louder as the game goes on.

I hope they're up by 14 late in the second half now so we can really, really get loud. It'll make the comeback that much sweeter.

Mind blown

@CoryGiger

#PSU QB McGloin said it's fun going on road and winning big. Goal Saturday is to "try to eliminate that crowd as quickly as possible."

Son... that's not something you want to tell Husker fans. We don't get quiet at our house. We get louder as the game goes on.

I hope they're up by 14 late in the second half now so we can really, really get loud. It'll make the comeback that much sweeter.

Mind blown

You do know that knapplc drives a DeLorean don't you?

• Fire 1

So was it loud?

Probably the best noise level of the season.

Also, McGloin ran out of his way after their first touchdown to call out our student section. I think that may have helped motivate us to be loud.

Even better than the Wisconsin game?

Wisconsin wasn't exceptionally loud. We did a better job throughout the game and not just the second half. The beginning of the Wisconsin game to about half was pretty quite.

@CoryGiger

Mind blown

The funniest thing about that prediction? No love. Not one +1, even in retrospect. But below it, "KJ." has +6 for dogging on the crowd noise.

Sometimes it seems like it pays more to be negative about the team around here.

BTW - McGloin earned himself a Delay of Game penalty late in the second half while the crowd was being distractingly loud. He said the playclock didn't restart. Maybe it didn't. But he was distracted enough not to notice before the clock hit zeroes.

"Too quiet." Heh.

Right there with Wisconsin in my mind. Judgement on tv can be skewed. It all depends on how the producers have the audio set. I've been to every home game this season. Wisconsin and Penn St. neck and neck. One things for sure, down 14 yesterday, you just didnt feel a fraction of the panic/negativity you felt being down 10 at half to Wisconsin. Just that "here we go" feeling.

@CoryGiger

Mind blown

The funniest thing about that prediction? No love. Not one +1, even in retrospect. But below it, "KJ." has +6 for dogging on the crowd noise.

BTW - McGloin earned himself a Delay of Game penalty late in the second half while the crowd was being distractingly loud. He said the playclock didn't restart. Maybe it didn't. But he was distracted enough not to notice before the clock hit zeroes.

"Too quiet." Heh.

I think he was telling the crowd to raise the roof because we weren't being loud enough.

@CoryGiger

Mind blown

"Too quiet." Heh.

I think he was telling the crowd to raise the roof because we weren't being loud enough.

McGloin was reading Huskerboard before the game