DE Blake McClain [South Carolina - Signed LOI]

Mavric

Isn't the story that he came here the weekend before signing day, loved it, and commited. And while he was in Lincoln the c$%k coaches were visiting his parents and "convinced" them that USC was the choice?

Makes since that he would want to get out if he didn't want to be there to begin with and had no real relationship with the USC coaches. Plus, wasn't their defense was a dumpster fire last year?

If he wants to transfer and use a year of eligibility at a juco would it be better to just transfer to NU and use that year in lincoln learn the system on the scout team and be ready to go for the next year.

We are out of scholarships, he'd have to pay his own way here for the first year.

Grayshirt?
That'd be one solution. But the Nebraska he fell in love with has changed drastically and he can't afford to get here and not like it. JUCO allows him to take visits and try to find what's best for him, sounds like his Dad is ready to let him do it to.

If he wants to transfer and use a year of eligibility at a juco would it be better to just transfer to NU and use that year in lincoln learn the system on the scout team and be ready to go for the next year.

We are out of scholarships, he'd have to pay his own way here for the first year.

Grayshirt?
That'd be one solution. But the Nebraska he fell in love with has changed drastically and he can't afford to get here and not like it. JUCO allows him to take visits and try to find what's best for him, sounds like his Dad is ready to let him do it to.

Of course he is. The check has been cashed from USC.

Here's an article written today with quotes from McClain.

http://www.goupstate...9844/-1/PSPORTS

"

McClain to sign with USC, by Phil Kornblut

DE Blake McClain (6-4 284) of Jacksonville, FL has decided to sign with USC flipping from Nebraska to whom he committed last weekend. McClain picks the Gamecocks sight unseen. He's never visited. But USC recruiter Steve Spurrier Jr. worked him hard over the last week after he decommitted from Florida State. "It was the fact the coaches were very genuine and really showed that they wanted me," McClain said. He also said the chance for early playing time at USC was an important factor. Last season McClain had 24 tackles for loss, 15 sacks and forced 15 fumbles. "He's very athletic and can play inside or outside," said his coach Adam Geiss. "He's a heck of an athlete. He can run and make plays."

"

Is there point here or do you just like trolling our board?

I didn't troll this board, I called out some unsubstantiated false accusations made about this player's and USC's character. I posted this b/c people for the past 12 hours were assuming things on why he chose USC and here was an article with quotes directly from him. Also to point out the things I said early on were factual i.e. he never visited USC. His quote from that article was that basically he chose USC b/c he felt the coaches were genuine and there was a shot at early playing time. We only have 1 SDE on the roster right now, so that's legit, we signed another this class though besides McClain.

Still doesn't excuse your dickish behavior.

Everyone knows his parents wanted him closer to home, so drop it already.

How's it dickish? (that is rhetorical) Yesterday, I come to this site, I don't think we're getting him, but I wish him well and even said that I thought it was awful that after a team didn't get a recruit sometimes fans start saying awful things about him like, "he wasn't that good, he had bad grades, etc...." I came on here today, he committed to USC, and I see a bunch of garbage like, "USC cheats, USC pays players, this kid is a puss, etc...." So I call out the bullsh#t and point out people throwing stones in glass house issue or just making ups bullsh#t claims.

I kinda wish this guy comes around again. Fun to read.