Trump Foreign Policy

1 minute ago, TheSker said:

Great Britain has their own issues right now.

As does much of the EU.

The problem is Trump's apparent solution is exactly the solution that Vladmir Putin would propose as well:

Cleave the U.S. from their relationship with both the U.K. and the E.U., shred longstanding alliances like NATO & have everyone go their separate ways retreating into another era of isolationism. 

That works so well for Russia because it's near impossible for any single nation to punish them for their heinous actions on the world stage. It takes a concerted group effort.

Surely you see how this would not be in our interests? An unchecked, emboldened Russia is going to continue to f#ck with our elections, among other things. 

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, TheSker said:

Great Britain has their own issues right now.

As does much of the EU.

44 minutes ago, TheSker said:

If you don't know about the long-standing financial issues of the EU.....

....then you are in no place to be poking fun at Trump.

Which have absolutely nothing to do with insulting these countries with lies that I’ve been talking about. 

You are trying to divert the conversation in another direction. 

15 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Which have absolutely nothing to do with insulting these countries with lies that I’ve been talking about. 

You are trying to divert the conversation in another direction. 

If you mean divert to the facts and the actual reasons, then yes.

I could care less about who Trump insults.

23 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Even though it probably will prevent him from renegotiating every trade and security agreement we have had him in place. 

So, his real purpose is to do nothing but isolate us from the world with no allies and trading partners?

and you are obviously perfectly fine with him openly and proudly lying to our allies.  That commands so much respect. 

40 minutes ago, TheSker said:

The answer was financial.

You'll notice that in my post.

i was asking you to explain it to big ole dumb nebraska boy me so that i can be as educated on the subject as you are.   just saying it's financial doesn't really explain anything

33 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Should you really insult someone you are asking for help from? Should you really insult someone when you are trying to "negotiate" with them? Should the President of the United States, a man in his 70s, really be insulting anyone? Should we as the American Public accept someone in our highest office who day after day, hour after hour does the very things we tell our children never to do or say?

• Plus1 4

55 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Even though it probably will prevent him from renegotiating every trade and security agreement we have had him in place. 

So, his real purpose is to do nothing but isolate us from the world with no allies and trading partners?

and you are obviously perfectly fine with him openly and proudly lying to our allies.  That commands so much respect. 

Especially from a financial perspective, we need to examine our alliances more closely.

It's like the college roommate who always needed to borrow a few bucks.

You're friends......but.......

42 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Should you really insult someone you are asking for help from? Should you really insult someone when you are trying to "negotiate" with them? Should the President of the United States, a man in his 70s, really be insulting anyone? Should we as the American Public accept someone in our highest office who day after day, hour after hour does the very things we tell our children never to do or say?

I'd prefer policy over "but he's a nice guy" from our leader.