What did we learn-Game 5 Illinois

JJ Husker

19 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

We are still talking about football aren't we?

We can speak in double entendres, I'm for them either way. Well, assuming they're actually good.

I'm pretty sure Riley was sick. His coloring wasn't normal and he just had an ill look about him. After Miles kept his job, I'm not reading into body language as an indicator of job status any more.

12 minutes ago, alwayshusking said:

May have to hold Riley's job security over his head to get a good performance. Finally some urgency. 

I was going to comment about people feeling sorry for sad Riley.  Wasn't it the B1G guys that mentioned a lack of urgency in fall camp?  You can't help but feel that some of what we are seeing is a lack of preparation in the spring and fall.  Then consider Riley's record and nice personality you get a sense that an "Aw shucks, we lost again" attitude has taken over the team.  On the other hand you have a fanbase that hasn't sniffed relevancy for too long.  Something has to give.

47 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

I was going to comment about people feeling sorry for sad Riley.  Wasn't it the B1G guys that mentioned a lack of urgency in fall camp?  You can't help but feel that some of what we are seeing is a lack of preparation in the spring and fall.  Then consider Riley's record and nice personality you get a sense that an "Aw shucks, we lost again" attitude has taken over the team.  On the other hand you have a fanbase that hasn't sniffed relevancy for too long.  Something has to give.

Pressure is frequently seen as a bad thing, but it can bring out the best in people.