CB Brendan Radley-Hiles [Oklahoma - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

83 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Radley-Hiles commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/08/2018 at 02:55 AM

Those who took a critical eye and examined the situation, it was evident he was never coming here about a month after his commitment. I know he gets talked about in such a positive manner but I thought he handled himself pretty poorly after that. He's a kid and nobody is perfect but he was exhausting beyond reason. Oh well, I wish him well. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, LaunchCode said:

I wouldn't anymore than I would question a kid, who's family depends upon him, for shopping the most lucrative college football offer either.

Also, since MR's track record of putting DB's in the leagues is more than solid, your example isn't all that relevant to begin with.   

How isn't my example relevant? Stanford is one of the top schools in the country and one of the best places to get a computer science degree and move on to work in Silicon Valley. Likewise, some schools have a better track record to place certain position groups into the NFL. The NFL is like Silicon Valley in my example. I don't even know why I have to explain myself. 

Maybe Bookie will get paid some on the side, I don't know, but, I do know that some schools are better at developing talent and MR track record isn't as good as coaches at those schools. I guess you can twist his words all you want but you really have no idea what his situation is and what he is dealing with.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, jaws said:

How isn't my example relevant? Stanford is one of the top schools in the country and one of the best places to get a computer science degree and move on to work in Silicon Valley. Likewise, some schools have a better track record to place certain position groups into the NFL. The NFL is like Silicon Valley in my example. I don't even know why I have to explain myself. 

Maybe Bookie will get paid some on the side, I don't know, but, I do know that some schools are better at developing talent and MR track record isn't as good as coaches at those schools. I guess you can twist his words all you want but you really have no idea what his situation is and what he is dealing with.

I understood what you were saying with the Stanford reference and agree it's a very true statement in regards to a computer science degree.  I wasn't questioning that. 

I just do not believe it is relevant to a db, the nfl, and this particular situation for several reasons.  For one I'm not sure there's a football program that would be so distinctly better than all others for putting DB's in the nfl.  Assuming there is, he said he's opening up his recruitment not switching to a particular school.  If there is a Stanford computer science school of putting DB's in the nfl and he came across them, and that's why he's decomiting then wouldn't he go ahead and commit to that other school not "open up his recruitment"?  

There's an even bigger reason I don't find that a likely scenario.  I've seen a list of DB's  MR has put in the nfl the past 12 or so  years and it's a pretty long list.  I would venture to guess there's not many longer lists out there over the same time frame.  So unless the kids been sold a bill of goods, which is possible, I find it hard to believe he's worried about not getting prepared for the nfl by MR.  

7 hours ago, LaunchCode said:

I understood what you were saying with the Stanford reference and agree it's a very true statement in regards to a computer science degree.  I wasn't questioning that. 

I just do not believe it is relevant to a db, the nfl, and this particular situation for several reasons.  For one I'm not sure there's a football program that would be so distinctly better than all others for putting DB's in the nfl.  Assuming there is, he said he's opening up his recruitment not switching to a particular school.  If there is a Stanford computer science school of putting DB's in the nfl and he came across them, and that's why he's decomiting then wouldn't he go ahead and commit to that other school not "open up his recruitment"?  

There's an even bigger reason I don't find that a likely scenario.  I've seen a list of DB's  MR has put in the nfl the past 12 or so  years and it's a pretty long list.  I would venture to guess there's not many longer lists out there over the same time frame.  So unless the kids been sold a bill of goods, which is possible, I find it hard to believe he's worried about not getting prepared for the nfl by MR.  

If MR puts talent in the NFL at that rate, he sure wastes a lot of it on his .500 record. 

I feel like we can have this argument but you are going to firmly believe that Bookie is looking for more than a better future for himself. Good luck with that opinion. 

For those of you good at digging up info. So Bookie basically said he was not positive on his commitment starting back in May. Is there anything publicly traceable that happened back in May possibly or late april after the spring game? What is evident is that his decommitment has nothing to do with the homers that blame it on the media publicly saying its because riley is getting fired. He decommitted now but starting wavering in the spring.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

For those of you good at digging up info. So Bookie basically said he was not positive on his commitment starting back in May. Is there anything publicly traceable that happened back in May possibly or late april after the spring game? What is evident is that his decommitment has nothing to do with the homers that blame it on the media publicly saying its because riley is getting fired. He decommitted now but starting wavering in the spring.

Watching the results of the Spring Game maybe?

• Plus1 2

The off-season is a blur for me at this point, but I vaguely remember being very pumped for the season immediately after the spring game and then it quickly came crashing down after the Vegas O/U predictions came out for the season. And then it’s been just bad news after bad news including Bookie looking around. I wonder if coaches used the O/U as recruiting ammo against us? Especially considering Vegas knew what they were doing. I can imagine opposing coaches telling recruits to wait for on-field results.

2 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I read a couple weeks ago that he wasn't necessarily ready to commit when he did but the coaches pushed him for it.  I'm assuming they were hoping he'd be a great peer recruiter, especially with all the guys set to show up at the spring game.

So I'm not sure he was ever totally committed. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Mavric said:

I read a couple weeks ago that he wasn't necessarily ready to commit when he did but the coaches pushed him for it.  I'm assuming they were hoping he'd be a great peer recruiter, especially with all the guys set to show up at the spring game.

So I'm not sure he was ever totally committed. 

I wondered if this was the case, since he didn't plan to announce until later. Didn't work for Bookie in this case, but it sure lit a fire for some top-level recruits to consider us.

Ahhhh, those were the days...

Edited by MinnwiscowaSker
  • Mavric changed the title to CB Brendan Radley-Hiles [Oklahoma - Signed LOI]