CB Brendan Radley-Hiles [Oklahoma - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

83 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Radley-Hiles commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/08/2018 at 02:55 AM

On 11/1/2017 at 6:43 PM, PaulCrewe said:

So what is the preface of all this?????  Let’s play Super What If(and this IS NOT going to occur) BUT let’s say a miracle happens NU wins out and MR is retained.   Would Bookie stay true to MR????  I say nope based on the last five months.

Of course not, and that has nothing to do with "staying true". If for some reason Riley is retained, he will WIDELY and rationally be seen as a dead man walking. 

He got his AD fired this year. The next guy was not brought on to stay for very long. He was brought on to make a football hire. Bookie wants to commit to a coach who isn't going to get let go at the end of his freshman season. If Riley makes it through this year, he's extremely likely not to make it through the next. A sensible recruit doesn't go to a program for their coaching staff if they have about zilch job security -- unless he's not really going there just for the coach.

• Plus1 1

On 10/31/2017 at 5:24 PM, Mavric said:

"but what I hope is that you find it in your heart to understand that I have people that depend on me for their well-being."

I'm not one to make a big deal out of sentences pulled out of context, or read a bunch of things that are not there.  However reading the whole statement in context this sentence really stood out and made me ask what exactly does that mean with regards to choosing Nebraska or somewhere else?  How would that particular decision have an impact on those who depend upon him for their "well-being"?  By well being, does he mean their financial well-being?   I hate to be cynical, but that's the first thought that came to mind.  

The reports he's visiting Bama only strengthen my suspicion. 

• Plus1 1
39 minutes ago, LaunchCode said:

"but what I hope is that you find it in your heart to understand that I have people that depend on me for their well-being."

I'm not one to make a big deal out of sentences pulled out of context, or read a bunch of things that are not there.  However reading the whole statement in context this sentence really stood out and made me ask what exactly does that mean with regards to choosing Nebraska or somewhere else?  How would that particular decision have an impact on those who depend upon him for their "well-being"?  By well being, does he mean their financial well-being?   I hate to be cynical, but that's the first thought that came to mind.  

The reports he's visiting Bama only strengthen my suspicion. 

What he means is there are other schools willing to PAY him more money to sign with them than Nebraska will...

I could be right but it's total speculation. He could mean getting him ready for the NFL or he could mean getting paid now AND getting ready for the NFL

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, jaws said:

Get over it. Some schools do a better job at sending certain position groups to the NFL than others. Do you question a kid for choosing to go to Stanford to get a computer science degree?

I wouldn't anymore than I would question a kid, who's family depends upon him, for shopping the most lucrative college football offer either.

Also, since MR's track record of putting DB's in the leagues is more than solid, your example isn't all that relevant to begin with.   

• Mavric changed the title to CB Brendan Radley-Hiles [Oklahoma - Signed LOI]