Mavric

***Official Minnesota Game Discussion Thread***

Vizsla1    103

I can not believe it! I may actually accept an invitation, from my wife, to attend a craft fair during the game... Huskers, work some magic so I can stay at home.  I want to believe

Vizsla1    103

Wrapping up Narcos Season 3, is a much higher priority today

eoltmer    28

Regardless of what people say I hope we win and at least become bowl eligible for the seniors.  Let's see a good game, and bring back that $5 bits of broken chair trophy!

Edited by eoltmer

Xmas32    343
9 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

So, does Minnesota have some Gophers we should watch for? Has anyone ever seen this team?

I watched Minnesota play Iowa a couple weeks ago.  It.  Was.  Brutal.

Sparker    516

Why do people come to the game thread to announce they aren't watching the game? Nobody cares if you watch or not. 

So, we become Bowl Eligible at 5 wins, or is this to solidify more of a chance of a 6 win season if Penn St is already expected to be a loss?

I can't imagine the stress if we win today for win #5, then lose to PSU, and then the Iowa game is to be Bowl Eligible.  The better option would be to somehow go 7-5.

I just hope Nebraska plays with a lot of determination after letting the win slip away in OT last week, 

RunMickeyRun02    259

I started the year surrounded by family and snacks for the first game. Now I sit here alone getting ready for kickoff, the rest of the fam. out shopping (quitters :-).

I will never miss a game, win or lose. 

Hayseed    475
2 minutes ago, cornhuskers4ever said:

So, we become Bowl Eligible at 5 wins, or is this to solidify more of a chance of a 6 win season if Penn St is already expected to be a loss?

I can't imagine the stress if we win today for win #5, then lose to PSU, and then the Iowa game is to be Bowl Eligible.  The better option would be to somehow go 7-5.

I just hope Nebraska plays with a lot of determination after letting the win slip away in OT last week, 

I was lead to believe that Iowa wasn't that great, then they walloped Ohio State in what Iowa fans on the radio were calling the best Iowa game they ever saw. So now I'm thinking that's a loss unless the BIG TEN pro wrestling committee steps in to get another bowl game. You have to think like 3-D chess these days....it's the entertainment business.

Just now, Hayseed said:

I was lead to believe that Iowa wasn't that great, then they walloped Ohio State in what Iowa fans on the radio were calling the best Iowa game they ever saw. So now I'm thinking that's a loss unless the BIG TEN pro wrestling committee steps in to get another bowl game. You have to think like 3-D chess these days....it's the entertainment business.

So with all the teams with so many losses, they are scrambling to get teams into the Bowl Games?  again?

I hope for Minnesota's fan base's sake, the shot they did of the stands was prior to just before kick off, or there are some major empty seats in their Stadium. 

BoneyardHusker    816
1 minute ago, cornhuskers4ever said:

I hope for Minnesota's fan base's sake, the shot they did of the stands was prior to just before kick off, or there are some major empty seats in their Stadium. 

It's two 4-5 teams going at it in Minneapolis in November outside. It is likely that is the attendance.

MLB 51    924
2 minutes ago, cornhuskers4ever said:

That's because Nebraska fans aren't showing up to these road games.

Vizsla1    103

hmmmmm... I am making tomato soup and grill cheese..then off to the craft fair

Decked    673

If Riley loses this one..please god just don't even let him back on the flight 

BoneyardHusker    816

Only hope to become bowl eligible is to win this game. What does this ill prepared team do? Give up opening kickoff for a 99 return touchdown.

Only bright side here is maybe Minnesota gets no momentum from it because there are only about 50 people to create an atmosphere in the stadium.