** 2023 Opponent Preview : Northwestern (Game 7) **

I think it was the Pick 6 Podcast which went through the litany of crazy and harmful off-the field issues which so many Big Ten programs have had over the past decade plus, and there is so much stuff going on for a conference which has such a high opinion of itself.  It's amazing that the biggest stink that the so much of the media fussed about was Nebraska wanting to play football during the 2020 COVID season.  It's ridiculous that wanting to play football drove calls for the Big Ten to kick Nebraska out of the conference.

• Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 3
8 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think it was the Pick 6 Podcast which went through the litany of crazy and harmful off-the field issues which so many Big Ten programs have had over the past decade plus, and there is so much stuff going on for a conference which has such a high opinion of itself.  It's amazing that the biggest stink that the so much of the media fussed about was Nebraska wanting to play football during the 2020 COVID season.  It's ridiculous that wanting to play football drove calls for the Big Ten to kick Nebraska out of the conference.

Agreed. The way the B1G treated Neb in 2020, in the wake of some of the most horrific scandals in the history of college athletics, pretty much all but sealed my disdain for the conference as a whole. 

• Plus1 1
35 minutes ago, Fru said:

Agreed. The way the B1G treated Neb in 2020, in the wake of some of the most horrific scandals in the history of college athletics, pretty much all but sealed my disdain for the conference as a whole. 

Nebraska and the Big Ten is definitely a marriage out of necessity from NU's point of view.

• TBH 1

Why anyone think Nebraska is better off outside the B1G is mind boggling to me.

There is all kinds of evidence (mostly huge checks) that support being in the conference almost nothing against it.

This is ignoring that other fact that it could have easily been Michigan vs OSU in the Natty last year.

People are delusional.  People looking outward for blame for two decades of really bad football instead what it really is.

• TBH 4
On 7/20/2023 at 1:34 PM, I AM FOOT FOOT said:

I'll take true character over cash ,  B10 is full of shady twats with overinflated egos.

Have fun watching FCS and G5-level football!

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1