** 2023 Opponent Preview : Purdue (Game 8) **

1 hour ago, Loebarth said:

Seriously? Like @runningblind asked, why Purdue? I've always like watching Purdue, every year they knock someone off in much the same way Iowa State often does. 

I am from Indiana.  My Dad's uncle played on IU's first national championship basket ball team so we always rooted for IU basketball which led to hatred for PU.  I have two sisters who ended up going there and had to deal with the lame dudes they dated.  It also seemed like the guys I didn't get along with the most from other teams in HS ended up going to Purdue (not to play).  I've probably seen more Purdue games in person than I have Nebraska games.  Purdue just sucks and I hate them.   Their campus sucks too.  

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

The only Purdue game I saw was at there places a few seasons ago.  Had great seats.  Next thing you know I hear a grunting sound behind me.  I got up and grabbed my wife to move up a row just as bro directly behind us barfed all over himself and the ground in front of him.  We got lucky in that there were open seats in front of which we promptly took.

Also the traffic in Indiana/getting there was not something I want to do anytime soon.

37 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I am from Indiana.  My Dad's uncle played on IU's first national championship basket ball team so we always rooted for IU basketball which led to hatred for PU.  I have two sisters who ended up going there and had to deal with the lame dudes they dated.  It also seemed like the guys I didn't get along with the most from other teams in HS ended up going to Purdue (not to play).  I've probably seen more Purdue games in person than I have Nebraska games.  Purdue just sucks and I hate them.   Their campus sucks too.  

6 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

The only Purdue game I saw was at there places a few seasons ago.  Had great seats.  Next thing you know I hear a grunting sound behind me.  I got up and grabbed my wife to move up a row just as bro directly behind us barfed all over himself and the ground in front of him.  We got lucky in that there were open seats in front of which we promptly took.

Also the traffic in Indiana/getting there was not something I want to do anytime soon.

Makes sense from your point of views!  Thanks for sharing.

I've only had one experience in person there, and it was just last year.  I admit I didn't pay much attention, or remember much from the campus, which probably just means it wasn't memorable.  The stadium and fans were all nice enough, we tailgated in someone's yard with Purdue people.

8 hours ago, Husker03 said:

Fair enough, although. Without any semblance of offensive starters, I have a feeling we don't match up well with any team who puts a defense on the field.  

Then why on earth would you be worried about Purdue?! :rollin

• Haha 2

Is it to late to change my prediction? It’s pretty cold today I think it will come down to who can run the ball and stop the run more. I give the edge to Nebraska. 

Game could simply come down to who wants it more. Nebraska at home in front of the best fans in sports and hungry for a bowl game edge to Nebraska.

purdue may be good enough to beat us yesterday or tomorrow, but we play today, and we win today.

I predict Nebraska looses 16-10

but I also predict that my prediction is wrong

Nebraska wins 17-13

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1