** 2023 Opponent Preview : Wisconsin (Game 11) **

On 11/4/2023 at 11:09 PM, Undone said:

Wisconsin keeps having these games where they actually put up a decent amount of yards but really don't walk away with that many points. They had 344 yards of offense in their 20-14 loss to Indiana today (who racked up 261 on offense).

Same game again this week for the Badgers. I wonder if their fans hate games where they have 255 yards passing and 86 yards rushing. But they were -1 in the turnover margin against Northwestern and lose 24 - 10.

I'm thinking they'll beat us something like 19 - 10.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

We are NOT BEATING WISCONSIN IN WISCONSIN. Not with this offense anyway and not with the clowns we call QBs. It will come down to the Iowa game on thanksgiving. First to 10 points wins that game.

I always feel better about our chances when you emphatically state that we have absolutely no chance to win.

On 11/19/2022 at 3:34 PM, huskerfan74 said:

I would love nothing better than us beating those douchbags from Iowa. However, our OL are lil girls who cannot push anyone and I am sure I just insulted lil girls as I believe they have way more pride than this atrocious OL. You can have Tom Brady behind our OL and he will be running for his life. Iowa are tough. They don’t beat themselves and they have more pride in the tips of their fingers than our entire team and their incompetent coaches. Unfortunately, beating Iowa is a pipe dream. We had a much better chance beating this weak Wisconsin team and we just gift wrapped the game for them and sent them with the win and the trophy. I will be praying for us to win and I will be rooting for our team but this team has shown zero evidence that they have what it takes to finally beat Iowa. I HATE LOSING TO IOWA. Hoping for a thanksgiving miracle. 

• Oh Yeah! 4
6 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I always feel better about our chances when you emphatically state that we have absolutely no chance to win.

Trust me when I say that I pray to God that I am wrong. If you really think for a second that I do not want my Huskers to win then you are delusional. However, based on the last two games coupled with the fact that Wisconsin needs a win to get bowl eligible and the fact that we do not have a QB. The writing is on the wall. But I really really really hope I am wrong. 

2 minutes ago, tyrone_biggums said:

That line tells me they think Braelon Allen improves over the week. He only had 3 carries against NW still dealing with the high ankle sprain. If he plays, I don't have a lot of hope. If he isn't healed, I think that line moves closer to 4.5.

I think we're better against the run than the pass, so him being even 100% doesn't worry me that much. I hear you though that if his injury is still lingering during the game it boosts out chances quite a bit either way.

I'm way more worried about our inability to throw the ball and the put a QB on the field that won't turn the ball over like crazy.

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, Undone said:

I think we're better against the run than the pass, so him being even 100% doesn't worry me that much. I hear you though that if his injury is still lingering during the game it boosts out chances quite a bit either way.

I'm way more worried about our inability to throw the ball and the put a QB on the field that won't turn the ball over like crazy.

Yes.  Your QB situation is he A1 issue with any game remaining this year.  If we even have a servicable QB, we have more wins and we would probably be favored in both of the remaining games.  With how our 3 QBs have played so far, we are not favored and everyone can move on to basketball season and root for this year's NC volleyball team...hopefully.

1 hour ago, tyrone_biggums said:

That line tells me they think Braelon Allen improves over the week. He only had 3 carries against NW still dealing with the high ankle sprain. If he plays, I don't have a lot of hope. If he isn't healed, I think that line moves closer to 4.5.

"that used to be our cross to bare, making loser QB's look like the second coming of Joe Willie Namath, having RB's that broke their legs the game before come back and hang 100 on us, and having mediocre  WR's catching balls with one hand, while being double covered with our Db's flailing around like fish out of water drawing PI flags, as an insurance policy, in the rare occasions they go out bounds before catching the ball- The New Nebraska, simply fails to call plays that make situational sense, and we now find creative ways for our QB's to insure our number one ranking in turn-overs doesn't fall.

8 hours ago, Undone said:

Agreed.  Our defense isn't perfect, but it's pretty good dog gone it.

Allen has been dealing with injuries, Melusi is out, so they have to go with guys further down the depth chart like we have.  

But also, this year we have Gifford and a physical secondary, and no Farmer.

Think back to all the long runs Wisc and Iowa and Minnesota and iLLinois had the past few seasons, thinking "if the secondary just came up and made a tackle instead of running laterally and whiffing". 

Now look at all the games we have plaid this year.  How many big chunk runs have you seen in comparison?  How many 50-70 yard scoring runs have you seen that break your back in the 4th quarter?  

I like our secondary this year and I wish Singleton was healthy enough to go.  The guys we have this year aren't afraid to tackle running backs.  Our guys hit hard and wrap up.  Which gives me a lot of hope against Wisc and Iowa.  Defense will bring it and do their job like all year.