** 2023 Opponent Preview : Wisconsin (Game 11) **

11 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm actually interested in knowing what was funny about this comment.

Do people see Husker players quitting...not playing hard?  I don't.  Just because mistakes are made, doesn't mean they aren't playing hard and wanting to win.

I stopped worrying about the laughing emojis a long time ago. Some people on this board can’t handle opinions that contradict theirs and the only way they can be passive aggressive about it is through the laughing emoji. I am sure I will get at least 2 laughing emojis for this post. 

As for what you wrote, I agree with your comment. It is not a question of our players not playing hard. It is a question of talent. We just do not have enough talent on offense. Our QBs are not good, our OL is doing slightly better than last year but still needs much improvement, our WRs and TEs are not talented. The team is playing hard and I do not see any quit in them but if you do not have a talented QB to run your offense, there is not much you can do. Emmett Johnson has been one of the bright spots this season. I hope he plays well against Wisconsin.

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

I stopped worrying about the laughing emojis a long time ago. Some people on this board can’t handle opinions that contradict theirs and the only way they can be passive aggressive about it is through the laughing emoji. I am sure I will get at least 2 laughing emojis for this post. 

As for what you wrote, I agree with your comment. It is not a question of our players not playing hard. It is a question of talent. We just do not have enough talent on offense. Our QBs are not good, our OL is doing slightly better than last year but still needs much improvement, our WRs and TEs are not talented. The team is playing hard and I do not see any quit in them but if you do not have a talented QB to run your offense, there is not much you can do. Emmett Johnson has been one of the bright spots this season. I hope he plays well against Wisconsin.

Oh….I couldn’t care less about the laughing emoji. 

Just curious as to what that person thinks they are seeing. 

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

Some people on this board can’t handle opinions that contradict theirs and the only way they can be passive aggressive about it is through the laughing emoji.

I consider it to be shorthand for "Your post is so stupid that it's not even worth my time trying to argue with it."

• Haha 2
  • TBH 4

• 3 weeks later...

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Why do they need a heated field to host a playoff game?

...CFP committee announced that first-round games could be moved from host campuses for "logistical purposes" in the future. Stadium upgrades like the ones at Wisconsin and Penn State could become more commonplace as universities try to hedge against bad weather costing them a lucrative opportunity to host a postseason game. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

...CFP committee announced that first-round games could be moved from host campuses for "logistical purposes" in the future. Stadium upgrades like the ones at Wisconsin and Penn State could become more commonplace as universities try to hedge against bad weather costing them a lucrative opportunity to host a postseason game. 

Oh...that's right.  Southern college kids from the south just can't handle playing up north on the fields we have.  Oh.....until they get into the NFL and have to do it all the time.

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 1