Unpopular Food Takes

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

IPA's are GROSS

BUT...as a kid I would each cheese and apples all the time!  I think it is/was a eastern European thing??  But I loved it so I could see where your applie pie and cheese dish would be good!

IPAs are awesome. Great in the summer heat and they pair well with sweet things like chocolate cake.

I used to be a real hophead but lately I’ve been sticking with pale ales and wheat beers. I’ve even started to develop a taste for sours and gose. My go to lately has been O’Dells 90 Schilling.

Just now, JJ Husker said:

IPAs are awesome. Great in the summer heat and they pair well with sweet things like chocolate cake.

I used to be a real hophead but lately I’ve been sticking with pale ales and wheat beers. I’ve even started to develop a taste four sours and gose. My go to lately has been O’Dells 90 Schilling.

I do like sours...

And I LOVE (don't judge me) sweet beers.  I tried a carrot cake beer at a beer fest and I almost died it was so good.

• Oh Yeah! 2

19 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

go to lately has been O’Dells 90 Schilling.

Me too! Odell's Drumroll hazy pale ale is really good also.

17 hours ago, knapplc said:

Cottage Cheese and canned peaches. Forgot all about that dessert. 

Cottage cheese and yogurt. Any yogurt flavor you like.

• Oh Yeah! 1
On 7/28/2023 at 8:18 PM, JJ Husker said:

Supper. Dinner. Same thing in my book. Some people argue that lunch is dinner. BS. There is breakfast, lunch and then dinner or supper.

I’ve always heard that dinner was the highest calorie meal of the day. In the city most people had that in the evening when they could all eat together after working outside the home. In rural areas the family ate all meals together and farm work being very taxing, they had the big meal in the middle of the day. Now says it doesn’t really matter but the habit of calling the noon meal dinner is still common in rural areas.

• Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, GSG said:

My guy

Two Hearted from Bell's in Michigan is my favorite but 90 Shilling is my go to anytime beer

Two Hearted is one of my favorites also. I just haven’t been in the mood for IPAs this summer for some reason.

When/If I get my kegerator going it will definitely be 90 Schilling in it.

1 hour ago, default_28 said:

I’ve always heard that dinner was the highest calorie meal of the day. In the city most people had that in the evening when they could all eat together after working outside the home. In rural areas the family ate all meals together and farm work being very taxing, they had the big meal in the middle of the day. Now says it doesn’t really matter but the habit of calling the noon meal dinner is still common in rural areas.

Interesting. Had not heard it explained that way before. Makes sense.

On 7/28/2023 at 8:18 PM, JJ Husker said:

Supper. Dinner. Same thing in my book. Some people argue that lunch is dinner. BS. There is breakfast, lunch and then dinner or supper.

Lunch is at noon. Supper is in the evening. Dinner is whichever is the largest meal of that day. 

So, to prevent confusion, use lunch and supper. 

And….I’ll throw out that ballpark/stadium nachos are some of the grossest foods there is. And, knowing that, even watching some random fat guy gobbling them down is disgusting.