Oregon & Washington to the B1G - Clemson & Florida State Next?

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

I think they are coming in on a lesser share.

But I also think there could be a clause in the contract that changes the payout if the number of schools changes.

It is very cloudy to me. I have heard reports that the old Big10 commish didn’t complete the agreement or took some liberties with game times and such without consulting the universities. I heard there is a clause to increase the payout for ND. No idea what is true. Maybe the big10 doesn’t get full share increases for Oregon and Washington like they do for ND.

15 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

That's a huge risk bc one doesn't know how much the tv deal is going to generate yearly.  So if you lose a lot of money during the first year can you only imagine how much your going to lose in 3.

Annual would be great. Get out any given year. Not much of a commitment though. 

Outside of football, there is no reason to have Oregon or Washington in the B1G.  And for most schools in the B1G (Purdue, Northwestern, Rutgers, etc) , there is no reason to have them in for football either.

If Oregon and Washington were going to add $$$ to each school via TV money they would have been added last year with USC/UCLA.

The whole thing needs to be blown up and football needs to leave the NCAA and be its own entity.  Then for every other sport we can go back to regional conferences that make sense.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 2

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I"m still a little bitter about that.  Didn't Rutgers come in as a full share right away?

As am I. Especially with USC and UCLA starting out as full members. 

https://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/2022/07/usc-ucla-will-receive-full-big-ten-revenue-share-before-rutgers-heres-why.html?outputType=amp

2 hours ago, Hilltop said:

35-40 is not full member share...  

It’s still light years ahead of what Neb received upon joining the conference. 

• Plus1 3
24 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Outside of football, there is no reason to have Oregon or Washington in the B1G.  And for most schools in the B1G (Purdue, Northwestern, Rutgers, etc) , there is no reason to have them in for football either.

If Oregon and Washington were going to add $$$ to each school via TV money they would have been added last year with USC/UCLA.

The whole thing needs to be blown up and football needs to leave the NCAA and be its own entity.  Then for every other sport we can go back to regional conferences that make sense.

Football needs to go back to regional conferences, too. 

18 minutes ago, Fru said:

It’s still light years ahead of what Neb received upon joining the conference. 

Of course it is.  TV deals have gone through the roof in the last 12 years.  We got roughly the same deal they are discussing for Oregon and Washington when viewed as a % of max dollars.    

• TBH 3

• Mavric changed the title to Oregon & Washington to the B1G - Clemson & Florida State Next?