Oregon & Washington to the B1G - Clemson & Florida State Next?

10 minutes ago, admo said:

Go back to page 1...  They tried to tell us... They said it's happening

Meme Creator - Funny I love it when a plan... comes together Meme ...

Big juicy burgers cooking, and many thought it was a nothing burger

chuckleshuffle:snacks:

I want more!  I want FSU and Clemson so badly to join now

So how does this all work? Does the conference contact the schools to join or vice versa?  I ask bc Clemson and FSU you would think the SEC would want them before the Big 10 does bc of closer proximity to the teams in their conference?

Yall knew in your heart of hearts, when the B1G publicly vetted Oregon and Washington - saying something to the effect of "If they join our conference they can start playing in 2024"...... You knew those schools had one foot in the door. And all they had to do was look around, be patient, and say "yes".

I am glad they did.

@MyBloodIsRed16  I would gladly take Wake Forest with Florida State.  

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

People need to accept that divisions are dead.

There is no way that Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Illinois (and probably Nebraska) would ever agree to something like that.

And the TV partners paid money for USC/Ohio St, Michigan/Oregon, etc.  Divisions would mean less of that.

The TV partners are not paying for Oregon and Washington with the dollars that they are paying the rest of the league. pretty much everything I've read is that UDub and UO are getting around $35 million. The TV numbers for those schools just don't add up to a full share unless something changes drastically by the time the next TV contract is up for bid. ie- Notre Dame as a scheduling agreement.

just go get about 4 or 5 maybe 6 more schools and then you can have the AFC and the NFC type between the BIG and the sec.

1 hour ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

So how does this all work? Does the conference contact the schools to join or vice versa?  I ask bc Clemson and FSU you would think the SEC would want them before the Big 10 does bc of closer proximity to the teams in their conference?

I don't know but I think the B1G has a plan and reaches out to certain places.  And apparently we know that FSU kinda wants out of the ACC for the B1G bucks.  Which is important (a place that wants to join the B1G).

I'm not really interested in Clemson.  

Remember now, that FSU was Independent before joining the ACC.  So was Georgia Tech.  And other schools like Virginia Tech, Pittsburgh, and Syracuse were also Independent before going to the Big East, then ACC.  

I think - just a guess - we could add some more to the East - and any of them would be wonderful. :)

7 minutes ago, admo said:

I'm not really interested in Clemson.  

I didn't want to be the first to state that. 

I'd prefer the conference gets Virginia & North Carolina (to cut off the best bets for SEC expansion north), one of FSU/Miami (just to get into FL), and of course ND (for the brand). 

Really had no interest in Oregon & Washington. I enjoyed Nebraska's short-lived stint as the closest program to USC/UCLA. Thought it would've helped with high level CA recruits. 

• Oh Yeah! 1
3 hours ago, Red Five said:

Its not about the missing classes.  Its that travel like that mostly sucks.  Why does it make any sense for UCLA be sending their softball team across the country multiple times a year when they can play 15 better teams by taking a bus in a 3 hour radius from their campus?  

I mean ... the only conference school withing a bus ride TWICE that long of UCLA is USC.

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1

Okay hear me out.  I love a good conspiracy theory.  I have my tinfoil hat on.  It's a little crooked, but that's okay.  It works, It still works :)

The B1G has added all of the heavy weights to their conference.  USC, UCLA, Oregon, Washington, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, Nebraska, Wisconsin....  They cover the map from the Midwest to the West Coast and back to the East Coast.  The B1G is fine now.  They got them all.  Other than adding Notre Dame, it's just a wait and see type of game.

The SEC has added OU and Texas for 2024.  Which is pretty darn awesome for the conference.  But I still think they know they are behind the B1G a little bit now, and might want to reach out to Clemson and someone else from the Southeast (could be Miami, FSU, Louisville, or North Carolina perhaps.....???)

As we move forward and really look into the future, things are going to change a lot.  The college football landscape is now P4 and G6 (previously P5 and G5).  The playoffs have expanded it's format with more teams for the tournament.

The Big 12 (gotta Love them!) has been doing all they can to add competitive schools to the conference.  Football/Basketball/Baseball.  Cincinnati, BYU, Houston, Central Florida, Colorado).  They doing all they can since Texas and Oklahoma told them to f#&% off and head for the SEC.  So I really appreciate the Big 12 holding it together and keeping it balance.

And still, they feel like a group of G5 misfits :)  Nothing wrong with that!  Because right now, they are in better shape than whatever the Pac 12 is doing (as they implode) and to be honest, as long as the ACC remains the same - a few heavy weights at times, but that's it - I think the Big 12 is just as good of a conference.  Which isn't saying much for the ACC.  And the Pac 12 is technically out as a P5 conference (No USC, UCLA, Oregon, Washington).  

So to me I think we are seriously moving towards a P2 (Big & SEC) and G6/8 format.  When the playoffs come, traditionally 4 teams from the P2 Big, and 4 teams from the P2 SEC, with 4 teams coming from the new G6/8.  And occasionally it will be unbalanced (3 from Big, 5 from SEC or vice versa)...... but at the end of the day, nobody will be too concerned because 8 of the best 12 teams will be in the playoffs.  And we all know the TV money will be all for it.  The only difference is that the landscape of college football will be a little different from what it was in the past (60's/70's/80's/90's/2000's).  But still putting out the same great college football product - especially late in the year and into the playoffs.