*** Official Minnesota Game Thread ***

Mavric

Just now, lo country said:

And if Gabe was the "clear #1" why not feed that dude all game.  Some one said earlier in the off season that the Satt offense was not based on runing the ball or body blows.  It showed. His play calling was for sh!t.  Our only TD on a busted trick play....

If Sims is our guy.  Use him like every other athlete playing QB NU had.  Run first.  PA passing and a brutal running game.  Simple.

You know the answer to this.  Our o line is still trash and thats not changing any time soon given who's on the depth chart.  Perhaps with Teddy healthy things might look a little different but i think we all need to temper expectations on the run game.  Klatt said it best early on, when he said "this is an experienced line but its ineffective experience (paraphrasing here).  

14 minutes ago, InOmaha said:

We lost the game running. Fumble to TD.

Such a disappointment…

I’m thinking back to the previous series I suppose when we could’ve burned clock and instead went to the pass…

Odd use of the running backs in my opinion. Was anticipating more Irvin.

It just sucks

• Plus1 2

Just now, knapplc said:

F46Q0nrXYAEK6NR?format=png&name=orig

I mean, wow. I think everyone knew what would happen when we fumbled with about 5 minutes left.

I don't even know what to say looking at that graph, other than we suck. We don't know how to pull in 17 straight one loss games? 

I will forever support this team, but the next generation won't as much because we suck. And the generation after them sure as hell won't because we suck. We are not generating young fans the same way we did in the past. 

I have confidence Rhule is the guy for the job and I'm giving him time, but the Huskers MUST start winning soon, otherwise just lock us away in the archives of the past. 

This may be an overreaction, but it's my Husker existential dread. 

• Plus1 2